1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1976 Gibson Grabber w/ OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Against Will, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my Grabber which was my main gigging bass for a number of years. But now I'm not playing out, I play my short scale around the apartment and space is at a premium, so off it goes to a good home. This is all original, except for the bridge (I have the original and will ship it with the bass).

When I got this the neck has a twist in it (unfortunately common in these one-piece necks) and the truss screw was stripped. I took it to the late, great Jim Mouradian however, and he worked his magic. Re-threading the screw and adjusting the neck, it's not perfectly straight but I don't have any issues playing it now (as opposed to before where the twist was quite noticeable). He did tell me it could start to twist the other way but this could be remedied by adjusting the truss screw. Weight is 8.6 lbs according to the bathroom scale

$900 shipped in the CONUS. Would consider trade (or potentially trade + cash):
    Epiphone Jack Casady
    Hofner CT/2 Club bass
    Eastwood EUB-1
    Warwick fretless
    Other interesting hollowbody/fretless.

I originally posted this a couple years ago but ultimately decided against selling it. Over that time however, I've gotten more into fretless, short scale and hollow body basses so I barely play this now. Also I'm GASing and space is still at a premium.

Feel free to reach out with questions or requests for more pics.

3-Pf20VtgctR9xlUcyOUpXli3lbXSUyRG_aTMx_aw5r0-xc1wdUmkQ6qE1PIDZjdsmXI6dEZP9DnDGcGk=w2416-h1360-no.

9gGaWQyXzdVazUSgxwUwEvYW2IjtxIt_QjcPYOU48HR-HuhdCfUp0BEGAIebWydwlrN75_RHSUWbwv2j6VI=w610-h344-no.

FsbSbtNNPnllfihO1kjoGsoCiI_Kg7Y092OiwnxpRoxmOxHUa9glhkQmYIjKsf1UQypRc5Dwbg1tQwWz4=w2416-h1360-no.

S99r8Ivk4UCU_bPIIZsED347MuHcJGHeBKtQ0xRGfXitkGpw06KsKkhBmrIvq8JRMyt4ggQnkBRiCEtyE=w2416-h1360-no.

jQzy2ZaBkRUBYyqfB7rOpB6MSZLmgLGbaVuqz79tzYlTRGkMQxYux8XEmx5XGo3uh8VgM54OZoK_kdHjS0=w764-h1358-no.

4gsom_mCgZV2u3LdVerqN0rgFQzay5plyws_U4T77tToY4WLVVBKo7KBqaXjQz8_77sps6qtDEu0snwko=w2416-h1360-no.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    TheMinutemen and AztecViking like this.
  2. UtBDan

UtBDan

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    PM'd you.

3. Nice! I had one of those for a while in the early 90s. One sound man at a club we played frequently used to sing Kiss songs through the monitors during sound check whenever I showed up with it. :roflmao:

4. Pug the Pig

Pug the Pig Banned

Mar 21, 2018
    London
    Great! I Haven't seen one of those for years....hope it finds a good home!

5. Gothguy

Gothguy Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2016
    pm'd

6. chechunka

chechunka Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Pm'd

7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central