No longer available 1976 Travis Bean TB2000 Restored

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by saltymonkey, Feb 20, 2024.

1. saltymonkey

saltymonkey Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Price:
    $4800
    Strings:
    United States
    Selling my 76 restored TB2000. I've owned this for just over 6 years.
    It's a 1976 Travis Bean TB2000 in excellent condition and in perfect working order. It was restored before I bought it by Kevin Burkett of Travis Bean Designs & Electrical Guitar Company. It has been finished gloss white over the koa body, and the aluminum neck has been fitted with a polished aluminum fretboard. I don't know why Kevin put an aluminum board on it rather than a traditional rosewood one but the tone is absolutely roaring. It has an articulate top end growl and near endless sustain. The tone can be bright and percussive in a way that no other instrument I've played can replicate. Yet played with your fingers there's plenty of warmth too. Weighs 11lbs 4oz. It's got great low action and plays effortlessly. The scale length is the expected 33 1/4" for a Bean bass. The original brass nut is intact, measuring 1 5/8" in width. The headstock retains the original Schaller tuning machines which turn very smoothly and hold pitch well.

On the body, the wiring harness has been replaced with new, properly spec'd parts including CTS pots and Sprague Orange Drop tone caps. Both original pickups are intact as well as the stock bridge and numberless speed knobs. The gloss white finish is near mint.
    Ships in the hardshell case pictured. $4800 shipped PayPal Friends and Family. I'm only selling this due to a surgery that has me unable to currently work while healing. I will entertain reasonable offers. It's a great and unique bass.

DSCF8747.jpeg
    DSCF8740.jpeg
    DSCF8750.jpeg
    DSCF8751.jpeg
    DSCF8221.jpeg DSCF8222.jpeg DSCF8235.jpeg

2. saltymonkey

Apr 7, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    More Pics:
    DSCF8223.jpeg
    DSCF8239.jpeg
    DSCF8236.jpeg
    DSCF8248.jpeg
    DSCF8249.jpeg
    DSCF8231.jpeg
    DSCF8230.jpeg

3. saltymonkey

Apr 7, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg Untitled TB.jpg

4. cornfarmer

cornfarmer jam econo

May 14, 2002
    I suspect the added fretboard has a radius? I know that stock TB necks have a 0 radius, love the basses but hate the necks. I had one of the Fender spec add-on necks EGC made and it was bang on Modern C - familiar and comfortable with a normal radius. Yours has the much cooler body style too.

5. saltymonkey

Apr 7, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Yes it does have a radius. I love the neck. It feels comfortable and plays easily. I have another Bean. Love that one too.

cataract likes this.
  6. cornfarmer

cornfarmer jam econo

May 14, 2002
    Well, sheeit, then that right there is probably the best TB 2000 ever. Good luck w/ the sale!

hbarcat and saltymonkey like this.
  7. saltymonkey

Apr 7, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I'm gonna hold onto this, at least for now. I've been playing the hell out of it the past few days. I had forgotten just how dynamic and amazing it is. I'll find another way.

cataract likes this.
  8. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

Yeah, these are very special basses and you'd probably regret selling it not too long after it was gone.

Hope you heal up fast and happy playing.

saltymonkey likes this.