For Sale 1979 Ibanez Artist AR300 / 2619

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by 3rdBass, Mar 7, 2018.

1. 3rdBass

3rdBass Funk in A Supporting Member

Price:
    This is the first generation AR300, which was only made for approximately 18 months during 1979 and the first half of 1980. Ibanez essentially renamed the Artist 2619 to the AR300 in 1979. This AR300 has the thinner and lighter 1970's body, and comes with (2) Ibanez Trisound Super 80 pickups.

• Double cutaway tobacco sunburst mahogany body
    • Dual humbuckers, 3 way toggle, V-V-T-T controls, (2) pickup phase switches
    • Tunematic bridge, closed tuners, 3 piece set maple neck, bound neck & body
    • Abalone & MOP inlays, all brass hardware

Each pickup has humbucker, single coil and phase reversal options. Later in 1980 the AR300 changed: the body became thicker & heavier and the pickups were changed to Super 58's offering humbucker (parallel), single coil and humbucker (series) options.

This amazing instrument was made in Japan (Fujigen) at the height of Japanese luthiery. Here's your opportunity to own an incredible vintage guitar in very good condition.

Completely original and in VG condition: pickups, electronics, all brass hardware as well as the the hard shell case.

$1175 shipped & insured. CONUS and PayPal preferred. No trades but serious/ reasonable offers considered.

Full.JPG
    Body 2.JPG
    Neck (2).jpg
    Head.JPG

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  2. 3rdBass

Absolutely no trades, but a serious/ reasonable offer would be considered

3. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    sweet.

3rdBass likes this.
  4. Maaaaaann.. I have an '83 AR300 that I love but it's so dang heavy, I wish I could pick this guy up! The old Fujigen Ibbys are amazing. If I stumble upon the cash I'll hit you up!

3rdBass likes this.
  5. 3rdBass

Acquired this in trade for 2 other basses before relocating from SF in 2002. It's a closet classic and really needs to be played. If and when you're able to, please make an offer. You seem like someone who'd really appreciate this classic gem.

6. joinercape

joinercape

Dec 22, 2007
    Great vintage guitar, good luck with the sale.

3rdBass likes this.
  7. 3rdBass

10-Q, sir. Still available to an appreciative player/ collector. No trades, but a reasonable offer will be seriously considered.

8. fredman61

fredman61

Jul 4, 2019
    Is this guitar still available for sale?

9. fredman61

fredman61

Jul 4, 2019
    I am interested. This was the second guitar I ever purchased back in 79. Regretted selling it. Do you have any pics of the back of the guitar? Back of the headstock?

10. 3rdBass

Requested rear photos

Ibanez1.JPG
    Ibanez2.JPG

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    You may not be aware as the rules have changed slightly since this thread was created. Offers should always be made via PM, but users may no longer request/require questions be asked via PM. Questions should be asked in thread.

3rdBass likes this.
  12. 3rdBass

$1175 shipped & insured to the 48 states only. PayPal preferred. No trades but serious/ reasonable offers considered.

13. Mongo Slade

Mongo Slade Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Northern New Jersey
    What is the weight of this guitar?

Peace

14. 3rdBass

9.4 lbs on a digital bathroom scale or, I could take it to work next week and put it on a digital shipping scale if you prefer. I searched every Ibanez collector's forum I could find but there's no mention of weight. Not even in the official 1978 Ibanez catalog.

Standalone likes this.
  15. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    FujiGen ❤️

3rdBass likes this.
  16. lagruam

lagruam

Feb 7, 2021
    it's still available?

17. 3rdBass

Yes. Please send a PM for info.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021