1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1979 Inca Silver Stingray

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassgrackle, Aug 6, 2018.

1. bassgrackle

bassgrackle Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Price:
    Strings:
    938FE62C-CEA2-446A-B528-5EF44D5AF016. Amazing condition 1979 Inca Silver Music Man Stingray.

Will trade for a killer acoustic guitar.

The paint was very well cared for and there is almost no green hue to this bass. (See pic with pickguard off) The original teardrop case is included. Along with the original pre amp that someone decided to swap out in the 80s because he thought he liked the sound of the new one. But the original is where it’s at. Either way this bass sounds and plays the way a stingray is supposed to. Fast, aggressive and mean.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  2. Judge Nickels

Judge Nickels Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Texas
    OMG, it is the Ben Orr bass! If I wasn't so hung up on weight these days, this would be hard for me to pass up. GLWTS!

3. bassgrackle

Aug 17, 2010
    This bass isn’t that heavy. It’s about 9lbs 5oz on my scale. And a tone monster.

4. Judge Nickels

Aug 3, 2015
    Texas
    Dang. That is pretty light for that era Stingray.

5. bassgrackle

Aug 17, 2010
    I was a little off. It’s 9 lbs 12oz. But still not so bad. My preferred basses are all 10+.

fedenybass likes this.
  6. Judge Nickels

Aug 3, 2015
    Texas
    Yeah, I max out at 8lbs 4oz these days when it comes to spending money on a bass. It saves my neck and helps keep the GAS in check.

Marshall Guiton likes this.
  7. This makes me cry.......because I can't afford it.

I had at my disposal a 79 Ray for a period of time in the 90s. It was awesome, loved the sound and still wish I had bought it.

GLWTS