SOLD 1984 Passive G&L El Toro + Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by humbleleon991, Sep 27, 2016.

1. humbleleon991

humbleleon991

Oct 12, 2009
    Price:
    $800.00
    Strings:

Hey everyone Iv'e decided to sell my El Toro. It's a rare and great sounding instrument that I unfortunately haven't had the time to play lately. If you've never seen or heard an El Toro here is a brief description of the instrument (The G&L El Toro). In my opinion the El Toro sounds like if you mixed an l-2000 with a P bass if that makes any sense lol (I can provide a short sound sample if need be). As far as previous owners are concerned, I purchased this bass around 4 years ago online. The condition of this bass is not pristine and it is clear that this bass has been played a ton but none of the marks are major and in my opinion they add a certain history to this instrument that is missing from brand new basses. Ive included all of the marks I could find on the bass in the pics. All the parts on the bass are original except for the schaller strap locks. Case Included. Only interested in shipping stateside (Sorry!)

Im asking for 800+shipping (OBO) but I'll entertain any trade offers as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    mpdd, PluckyThump, rusted247 and 2 others like this.
  2. jebmd

jebmd

May 4, 2009
    Iona, Florida
    Sweet bass. Love those pickups.

3. humbleleon991

humbleleon991

Oct 12, 2009
    Thanks so much!

4. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    congrats

5. BassFool61

BassFool61

Sep 11, 2016
    Missouri
    This bass has been listed today on Reverb at the same price and using the exact same pictures you took. I thought maybe you had decided to sell it there, but the location is now shown as being in Michigan. I'm interested, but a little suspicious.

6. humbleleon991

humbleleon991

Oct 12, 2009
    So I teased that bass for a lakland from a person in michigan. I'm pretty sure he owns a music shop and likes to recycle inventory when it's not selling. I'm 99% sure this is the exact same bass.

BassFool61 likes this.
  7. BassFool61

BassFool61

Sep 11, 2016
    Missouri
    Thanks for clearing that up!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022