SOLD 1986 Wal Mk I For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Erkindanger!, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just in time for tax refunds! For sale only, serial # W2704 from 1986, built by Ian Waller. Mahogany core, hydua (schedua) facings with matte natural finish, Indian rosewood fretted fingerboard; weighs (a very reasonable for a Wal) 11-ish pounds from what my scale tells me. Originally purchased from The Bass Centre in London; I imported it into North America, and as far as I know I am the second owner.

So... This is an almost-30-year-old bass, and the wear reflects that: lots of scratches, bumps, and dings. Also, one of the tuners is slightly out of allignment (not an issue structurally, so I haven't done anything about it). Electronics fine, spring set-up not done yet due to the fact that the buyer will want to adjust it to his/her taste and climate upon receipt. So again, lots of mojo, with more wear than I can capture in photographs, great playing and sounding, as you might expect. If you want a Wal you can actually play out with no fear of putting a scratch on it & hurting it esthetically, this is it!

It was bought without the typical grey Wal hardshell case (sorry!), but I will ship it in a generic hardshell case & cardboard shipping box.

PRICE IS $3700 FIRM + SHIPPING
    Will ship insured anywhere in North America on your dime. Tax and duties are up to you as well. I'd prefer a cashier's check so there are no fees to contend with, and please keep in mind that the bass will ship only after the funds clear. You know how it is...

I'll post more pics soon, and if there's anything in particular you'd like me to focus on, PM me. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Cheers,

Brendan

Attached Files:

2. More pics.

Attached Files:

3. Even more pics... Note the tuner bottom right.

Attached Files:

4. And yet another pic. I'll post a pic of the inside of the electronics coverplate as soon as Flickr will let me!

Attached Files:

5. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    Any trades? I have a collector's grade RARE Rickenbacker if you are interested..

6. J Gold

J Gold Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Houston,TX
    oy vey...howabout a 2001 Toyota Solara?????

7. Control cavity & coverplate images:

Attached Files:

8. Thanks for all the trade bait offered, but no trades considered.

I'm going through all the messages I've been sent as quickly as I'm able, so thanks in advance for your patience if you're awaiting a reply from me.

9. jwr

jwr Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Must sell everything I own.

10. All messages replied to; I'm a bit surprised that I've had three messages from local players! I hope everybody appreciates why I'd prefer to sell to someone who can try the bass out in person, so they know exactly what they're getting; and also to someone who has cash in-hand. Not having to pack the bass for shipping or do all the paperwork counts for something as well...

However, it's still available at the moment, and all potential buyers will be considered!

11. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    great looking bass and a good price

12. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Letting one go, eh? :)

(I remember selling you a Wal in 2006-ish time frame. And it wasn't this one!)

13. kellogc

kellogc Kello Bass Extravaganza!

Apr 3, 2003
    Guadalajara, México
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Line6
    I want a WAL bass!!!!

14. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    GAAAAH!:eek:

... And local too! :crying:

15. Trailight

Trailight

Oct 19, 2010
    Vancouver Island BC
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Bass / Darkglass Electronics / Tsunami Cables
    Bump for an amazing bass! and Vancouver represent! :D

16. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    How about both kidneys and my soul?
    That's a beauty. And just across the water from me. Damn!

17. hotrodjohn

hotrodjohn Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2009
    why don't you canucks pool your resources and do a "time share" with that bad boy!

bumpkis

18. kellogc

kellogc Kello Bass Extravaganza!

Apr 3, 2003
    Guadalajara, México
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Line6
    bump for a great bass!

19. T Bassman

T Bassman

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Bump from a fellow Canuckski! What a beaut man!

20. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    ...:D...oh, there have been some discussions...:D

Wouldn't be the first time a few guys pooled resources and bought 'shares' in a bass. $3700 CDN is a steal for a Mk I hand signed by Ian Waller...

Support yer local guy BUMP!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 19, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.