1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 1993 Modulus Sweet Spot Five-String Bass $1250 plus shipping/ins.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by legalbassics, Jan 8, 2017.

1. legalbassics

legalbassics

Dec 25, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a 1993 Modulus Sweet Spot five-string bass and case that I bought in 2000 at Make’n Music when it was located on Artesian Avenue in Chicago. I have made no changes to the bass with the exception of strap locks. I’ll include the original strap pegs with the sale.

The bass sounds great when played by friends who play better than me. It has a little too much growl or is little too lively for my playing style, so I have stuck with a P-bass with an E string de-tuner for church playing. That usually gets me as low as I need to go.

Make’n Music sold the bass as “new/old stock” and was without blemish or ding when I bought it. Although I haven’t played this bass much I now notice one small ding on the cutaway portion of the body that you can see on one of the photos—small white mark less than 1/16”. The case appears to be the original Modulus case and although it looks its age it is functional and certainly protects the bass.

Here are the details on the bass:

Strings: five
    Scale: 35”
    Frets: 24
    Nut: 1 7/8”
    18 v. preamp (not sure of make)
    Modulus tuners
    EMG p/u
    Weight: aprox 8.5 lbs
    Serial No: 930982

The price for the guitar and case is $1250 plus shipping/insurance anywhere in the CONUS.

Modulus  (1 of 22). Modulus  (2 of 22). Modulus  (3 of 22). Modulus  (1 of 22). Modulus  (2 of 22). Modulus  (3 of 22). Modulus  (4 of 22). Modulus  (7 of 22). Modulus  (8 of 22). Modulus  (6 of 22). Modulus  (9 of 22). Modulus  (10 of 22). Modulus  (11 of 22). Modulus  (12 of 22). Modulus  (13 of 22). Modulus  (14 of 22). Modulus  (15 of 22). Modulus  (16 of 22). Modulus  (17 of 22). Modulus  (21 of 22). Modulus  (22 of 22).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Bipslapper and Greyfin10 like this.
  2. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Nice Bass. The two sweet spots I have are forever basses, even it they go on the bench from time to time. Pretty sure that is and EMG BTC preamp. GLWS and I suspect this will find a good home.

3. Thank You Leo

Thank You Leo Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    I agree - I remember my mid-90's Q5 had dip switches like that and it had a BTC.

I don't recall ever seeing a Quantum with a head stock overlay - very cool.

4. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Is this a wood or graphite neck?

5. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Beautiful bass and great photos. I always appreciate when a seller provides many pics to represent the instrument properly like you have. Kudos.

I am sure at this price she will be gone soon, best of luck.

6. sabasbass

sabasbass

Jul 19, 2005
    Indiana
    I'm interested. Message sent.

7. legalbassics

legalbassics

Dec 25, 2008
    This is a graphite neck behind a wood fretboard. Sorry to miss your message.

8. legalbassics

legalbassics

Dec 25, 2008

9. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

that is a sweet deal.

10. legalbassics

legalbassics

Dec 25, 2008
    Bump.

11. StevieM

StevieM