1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1994 German Warwick Fortress 5 Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MattB88, May 17, 2017.

1. MattB88

MattB88 Gold Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: LowEnd basses, DR Strings, Warm Audio, Shaw Audio
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I'm only selling this to offset the purchase of 2 Roscoes I just picked up. The tone of this bass is off the charts. The session work I've used it on lately has went over very well with clients and engineers. This thing as tone and mwah for days. She's in great condition for a '94. Just minor normal wear and the finish has rubbed off just a touch above the bridge position from thumb wear. It's got all the goodies on it that Warwick is known for. It has the original MEC pickups and 2 band preamp. It's an all quilt maple body and wenge neck and fingerboard. She comes in at a rock solid 10 lbs of Warwick love. Please feel free to shoot me any questions you may have. The price includes shipping to the lower 48.
    Warwick Front.jpg Warwick Back.jpg

2. jimmyjames77

jimmyjames77 Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Just West of Chicago
    My fortress 4 is the most growly, tight bass I've ever played. Sits in the mix so well.

3. Delsan

Delsan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    Ooh, I've seen this before- a recent sale from another Talkbasser (who sold me my Fortress). What's the skivvy on it?

4. MattB88

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    I traded a CIJ Fender Geddy Lee for it. I love the bass but with he two roscoes now I can't hold on to 8 basses right now. What would you like to know?

5. Delsan

Delsan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    Nothing in particular. Just if there was a significant reason you're selling it so soon!

6. MattB88

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    I just bought two Roscoe's and I can't have 8 basses in the stable and have a happy wife!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021