1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD 1995 Warwick Corvette 6 Proline-Price drop!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleevey55, Dec 18, 2016.

1. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Price:
    Strings:
    1995 Corvette Proline 6 string in amazing condition. Bass doesn't look a year old, look at the pics, just a hair of tarnishing on the knobs. As you can see by the close body pics and fret pics, this bass wasn't played much, there isn't any sign of thumb wear by either of the pickups and no scuffing or scratches from slapping. The bass body has a few very minor little superficial knicks but not through the finish at all. Look at the nut, its not tarnished at all, shines like new brass. Action is low and neck is super straight, and gorgeous dark Wenge. The body on these Prolines is thinner than the standard Vettes and more contoured, its also all Maple so its tone is clean, clear and growly with the Wenge FB and neck. Bassline pups and 2 band pre amp. Even the "Basslines" logo isn't faded a bit. She weighs 11.2 on my digital bathroom scale and she feels and plays wonderfully. Balance wise, its WAY better than a Thumb, but not quite as good as a Streamer, but really good just the same. These Prolines were a few steps up in overall quality of woods and options than the standards, and the fit and finish on this bass is top notch. This isn't a "Teambuilt Pro series", this is a master built machine from Warwicks Silver era. I'm really torn on this but I just go to my Smiths and Streamers so she needs a new home to someone who appreciates such a wonderful instrument. The body is pretty highly figured flamed maple in spots and you can see the grain of the wood through the beautiful blue stain. Recessed strap locks (standard) with this bass and it will come in a deluxe brand new gig bag. Also comes with the truss rod tool, that I doubt youll use, the neck on these is solid. I forgot to mention the bass/treble pot is scratchy sometimes when you move it, but not always. I'm sure it just needs cleaning as it hasn't been used much. Asking $875 shipped CONUS. These are rare, especially a 6 in this condition, don't hesitate to ask questions or ask for more pics. No trades please.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. TheMaynorD

TheMaynorD Gold Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Oklahoma City
    Don't suppose you're interested in trades?

3. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Sorry I didn't post it, no trades.

4. Delsan

Delsan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    Dang man. Very nice blue. Like my $$, only a little more polished. Good luck bump.

Attached Files:

sleevey55 likes this.
  5. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Thanks! That DB is sweeeeeet!

6. TheMaynorD

Aug 28, 2013
    Oklahoma City
    How do the basslines pups sound in comparison to the MECs? Also does this one have adjustable string spacing like the modern versions?

sleevey55 likes this.
  7. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    The MEC pickups are a bit more bright and compressed, the basslines to me are a bit smoother and a hair quieter volume wise, I always noticed id bring up the master a bit more when I went to this bass. All of the German Warwicks have the bridge with the moveable saddles, so yes sir!

8. TheMaynorD

Aug 28, 2013
    Oklahoma City
    Awesome, what is the range of string spacing you can get? I've heard some people claim you can go out to 18mm, but others say you can't. I prefer 17.5mm spacing.

9. TheMaynorD

Aug 28, 2013
    Oklahoma City
    Also, do the basslines have that trademark warwick growl or is that more of the MEC sound? (an audio sample would be great) Trying to move one of my other basses before I get another one but I'm definitely interested.

10. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    The growl comes from the woods used, Wenge mostly. I have no way to give you an audio sample, sorry. Youtube has some stuff though that will give you an idea.

11. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    DAMN, what a good deal. drool

sleevey55 likes this.
  12. Delsan

Delsan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    15589665_10211844785822164_3415748372686738864_n.jpg
    For what it's worth, I make audio samples all the time by just using my smartphone's recorder right next to the amplifier. It actually sounds halfway decent.

I did a little direct comparison of my Warwick Corvette $$, a friend's Masterman, and a Vintage EB Stingray yesterday at the GC, doing just that.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    sleevey55 likes this.
  13. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    20mm string spacing?

14. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    No 16.5....adjustable to 17

15. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ah bummer.

16. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    I had a 1999 Proline 6 Corvette. It was awesome. But it didn't have a MONSTER Non-Volute Wenge neck like this Beast!!! AMAZING!

sleevey55 likes this.
  17. Funkyputz

Funkyputz

Mar 22, 2011
    New Albany, IN
    I have a Tobias with the same basslines pickups and the 3-band preamp. I absolutely love it! If I had a little more funds I would be all over this bass!

sleevey55 likes this.
  18. sleevey55

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Sold!

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021