$1K 8" ??!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hambone, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Matt H

Matt H

Jul 30, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    well, the guy was murdered- talk about limited supply with mojo... er... voodoo?
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I'm under-whelmed.

8" and 250w...
  3. Hmmm....Sounds quite expensive to me!
    Isn"t it?
  4. Yeah the guy is gone. That cab is super light too. Talk to PinkFloydDan about Raezers Edge cabs. He uses a Thunderfunk through a Raezer 10 and 12. Possibly the lightest bass rig ever. He says it sounds awesome.
  5. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    The original owner has passed, yes. But his son is still running the business, and there are still places to buy the speakers for the retail price...
  6. Matt H

Matt H

Jul 30, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    er... the same son that killed him is running the business? are you sure about that?
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Hmm, anyone want to buy it and build clones? ;)
  8. $1,000 for this cab is high, double the price new when Rich was alive. But, they are gone.

These cabinets are typically for jazz guitar--the 8s. This is a jazz box, and most would use a Clarus head with this. The tone is incredible. But this is not really for a live gig. Not alone. Couple it with a 12 Stealth.

But I bought my Raezer Edge Bass 12-400 right before Rich died. It is the last one that was available. I could probably get at least $1,000 for it. I paid $780 with a cover.

I play it through a Thunderfunk, using a 4 string Reverend Rumblefish P/J. I cannot say enough about the difference in tone and craftmanship on both the amp and cabinet. The cab weighs 45 pounds, and the RE-10 inch I have weighs 32. The amp weighs 16.

I carry everything in one trip, with the amp over my shoulder in a Gizmo case. I love it.

It's loud enough for me. I'm playing rock, jazz, al-country stuff.
  9. I heard this rumor too but I am pretty sure it is false.

His son and sister were the only ones who did the work and his sister only rolled the tolex. Rich's son, Bob, was charged with the murder. He did ask for bond so that he could return to the business, but I doubt the judge immediately provided that bond.

I have not heard 100 percent positive that these cabinets are being made and I strongly doubt what this poster said. These are not available anywhere other than eBay or at some story that still has it in stock. In fact, I have another 10 inch on lawaway from a store in Canada.

His web site is down. Rich's closest friends have not said anything of the sort (and I think I would know because I actually know some of his closest friends) but it is possible his son is out on bond and finishing some of the final products. He may be making more.

But one thing is clear--Never again will there be a Rich Raezer cabinet and that is why my cabinet and all the other cabinets out there now are worth whatever someone who knows how good these cabinets are is willing to pay.
  10. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Well, I may be mistaken (most likely) about his son, my apologies on that.
    I DO know however that as of a week or so ago, there is at least one dealer over here who has some of his speakers in stock (though not many).
    I still think it is WAY too soon to try be making money out of the mans death.

RIP Rich.
  11. OK, that explains a lot. You've got things other than market forces at work here...

- mystique
    - esotericism
    - rarity
    - novelty

But would it rawk on top of my Legion 15? :bassist:
  12. Knowing rich personally, he is laughing in heaven watching people sell his cabs and profit. He wouldn't care 1 bit. So, there's some insight.

The guy was one of the most down-to-earth people ever. Seeing people sell his cabinets for double since he died is no skin off his back, I guarantee. They are a novelty and rare as hell.

Your shop has new stock because the last speakers being made were finished and sent out.

13. Ham, I have a RE-10 inch I am selling for $900. It would blow your mind.
  14. Tell us what's so different and special about these cabs? Did he discover something no else has?

BTW, I was just joshin' over needing one of these. HiFi speakers would be lost on these LoFi ears.
  15. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Don't forget "gullibility"... ;)