1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1st audition in 5 years

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by buzzbass, Oct 25, 2018.

1. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Life sometimes gets in the way, ya know ? I'm here to say I've survived my mid-life crisis and I'm back to doing things that I love. A number of factors have kept me from playing over the last 3-4 years. Almost dying 2x (quad bypass surgery and a 2nd heart attack/stent install), losing my mom(who I was very close with), losing my fave basset hound buddy, and the big topper...... divorce after 26 yrs of marriage. Out on the street without a penny, just my personal stuff. Waaa, waaaa waaaa, woe is me.

So things are straightening out. I've got a wonderful new woman in my life, a new house, new dog, and the depression seems to be lifting somewhat for the 1st time in my adult life. I'm 56.

Fast forward to tonight. I'm getting back to one of my 1st loves, music. Been out of it and not playing all this time. Feels good to have the bass back in my hands. Also feels great to have a reason to play again. I'm shaking off the cobwebs for sure, but this material isn't that hard to begin with. Yup, back in the saddle again, and it feels great

2. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough

Sep 30, 2012
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Brutal run. Congratulations on getting back out there. I haven’t auditioned for a band in many years and often think it would be fun to get back into it.

Hope it went well.

buzzbass likes this.
  3. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Welcome back. Treat yourself right. It’s your turn now.

buzzbass likes this.
  4. what material?...

Congrats on surviving a massive downturn in life..wow...you got moxy! keep on keeping on..that's all I can say make that bass your best friend, it was there before all the trouble and look who is still there for you...your bass.!

buzzbass likes this.
  5. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I got the gig :) Thanks for the kind words guys

murph7489, murphy, oldrocker and 3 others like this.
  6. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough

Sep 30, 2012
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Congratulations!:bassist:

buzzbass likes this.
  7. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    that's the way to do it. hang tight bro

8. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    70s,80s,90s poppy stuff. Jessie's Girl and that kind of thing.