1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2 band preamp or boost pedal?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dbassdistort22, Apr 7, 2018.

1. dbassdistort22

dbassdistort22

Apr 1, 2011
    Hey fellow bass players. I have a Warwick Rockbass double buck (the more modern variant I believe the 2018 model) and I really like it, but I really want to get the most of the bass. I have read on this forum that people recommend adding a preamp to really get the most from the pickups, but I was wondering if a boost pedal would get close enough results? Thanks in advance!

2. Nebula24

Nebula24

Nov 23, 2017
    Norman, OK
    I got an Behringer BDI21 vtone to go with my eb0 and rumble40. Sometimes use it and sometimes dont. Just a bedroom player. Can definitely hear it add to the sound when i use it. Also works with my vox headphone amp [bass to vtone with vox plugged into vtone] when i dont use amp.

Still toying with idea of putting seymor duncan blackout preamp in place of tone knob but the pedal is easier [not willing to go expensive so seems good price and reviews]. Not sure how often i really plan to change sound so unsure if need the quick access onboard preamp would give me. But like toying with sub4 knobs when i mess with it in store.

Giving myself rewards every few months of playing. Plan on probably getting dimrzio one first. Figure out how it sounds. And then decide if next reward is blackout.

Zoobiedood likes this.