SOLD 2 Greenboy Crazy8 cabs with pole mounts and covers

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Ukiah Bass, Nov 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Price:
    For sale only: a pair of Greenboy Crazy8 cabs and custom covers - including pole mounts. Perfect for a lightweight, portable PA system or as a mean little bass stack for gigs.

Excellent condition. Sound wonderful as all Greenboy cabs do! Made for me by JHAWK in Spring 2013. These cabs have had low-duty roles as the "mains" in my home studio PA. Never used outside the studio. There are a few spots of paint on the bottom of a few rubber feet from the wall shelves I built to raise these high above the floor.

Made with rugged 3/8" Baltic birch. Has the ATP-80 tweeter, steel grill has tiny 5/32" holes that look elegant - much more so than versions of this cab with dorky plastic grills. Each cab weighs ~13lbs. A Crazy8 can get as loud as a good 110, especially when you use a high pass filter like the Fdeck. A super portable 8-ohm cab that's perfect with a micro amp. Selling them because I'm moving to a smaller house without room for a dedicated studio.

TalkBass Crazy8 Megathread:
    Crazy8 and Crazy88 | TalkBass.com

Greenboy specifications:
    cab detail | greenboy audio

Price: $750 for the pair, shipping included. PayPal & Conus only. Right now I'm only selling these as a pair. If they don't move I might sell singles for $400. These are essentially new cabs that have "sat on the shelf" (literally!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE

This recording was mic'd off one Crazy8. Fender P bass with pick. Surf rock tune.

Deprivation by The Stormy Weathermen

Here's an acoustic gig video of another Crazy8 cab I previously owned, built with these two. This Crazy8 was acoustically recorded with an AKG Perception 400 large diaphragm condenser mic and mixed with the rest of the audio, then sync'd with the video streams in post production. Amp used was a Puma 900 set flat. Bass was a Rob Allen Deep 4 fretless strung with Status black nylon tapewounds for the upright vibe.

JxBass likes this.
  2. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Dang. Can you compare these to Barefaced One10's by any chance?

3. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    I would imagine the BFone10 sounds colored compared to these. The Crazy8 is a full range cab that is pretty uncolored, much like other Fearless cabs are. That's one reason why the Crazy8s are better for acoustic bass to let the natural harmonics come through exactly as they're produced by the bass and not a designer's aural taste. And another reason why the Crazy8 is better as a PA main. It's a very accurate cabinet.

pacojas likes this.
  4. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks Dave. That was my surmise. Now I've got something to think about. Hmm...

5. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Having owned both a Crazy 8 and One10, I agree. The Crazy 8 is uncolored and PA-like, the One10 has a voice that's (beautifully) tailored for the bass guitar. That said, I enjoyed the heck out of my Crazy 8 and Crazy 88 cabs.

Ukiah Bass and Dee-man like this.
  6. Dee-man

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Hope I'm not de-railing this thread, but JxBass, how do you compare the Crazy 8 and BF110 in terms of volume/loudness/power handling and low end?

Dave - do the tweeters have attenuator controls? I don't see any in the pics.

7. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    I'll send you a PM to ensure no derailment.

Dee-man likes this.
  8. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    No attenuation in these cabs. I opted to save a pound and control EQ with my amp and bass. Also one less thing to go wrong!

9. mikeGJ

mikeGJ Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Grand Junction, CO
    Great little cabs, excellent deal!

Ukiah Bass likes this.
  10. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Works great as a vocal PA! Nice, flat, full range sound. These are perfect for coffee shop / smaller gigs requiring a PA for vocals etc.

The ports (vents) are in the lower right hand corners of each cab. To save space, they are triangular shaped as in this photo:

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fdavebuerger.com%2FCrazy8%2FC8+-+Pair+front.png

11. johnz

johnz

Apr 26, 2008
    Ashland, OR
    PM'd

12. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Reply sent!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022