1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2 Wal Basses & Carl Thompson Rainbow Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kimmy irish, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimmy irish

kimmy irish

Sep 10, 2008
    3 GREAT BASSES FOR SALE - 2 Wal basses & Carl Thompson Striped Bass

1988 Wal Bass Excellent Condition 4 String Gloss Black with Gold Hardware "Geddy Lee" Mint Condition ($5000)
    Like Geddy Lee's of Rush back in the 80's and 90's (except the fretboard is rosewood). The bass player for Tool used Wals too. Comes with the original very tough flight type case which it's been in most of its life. Handmade in England. This is the most unique sounding bass-nothing else sounds like a Wal. The active electronics are not even copied by any other manufacturer. The pickups have four coils each, so each string gets its own coil. And instead of being paralleled, they are electrical summed in the preamp. What does that mean? Very defined, studio quality, clean sound.

Features:

Brazilian Mahogany Body, Gold hardware, Maple/Hornbeam neck, Direct out lets you plug straight into a board, original tools, original case, Rosewood Fretboard which is the only difference between this and the Geddy Lee model. Rosewood is slightly bassier and more mid growly than the ebony fretboard on the Geddy Lee model. Strings are setup relatively low.

If you've been looking for a Wal this could the one. Not seeing these being sold very often anymore.

1986 Wal MK1 4-string Geddy Lee Edition Completely Cleaned and Tuned Up by Wal luthier ($4000)
    This is the silver hardware version of the first one, plays perfectly.

Carl Thompson 4 String Fretted Striped Rainbow Bass ($3000)
    Serial # 7295, built custom by Carl in July 1995. Walnut, Flamed Maple, Padauk and Rosewood. The bass has gone through a few changes including a Schaller bridge, a custom 7th fret inlay (an Ebony ring with a single Maple birds eye in the center) and a 45-DC pickup. 36" scale and the sound is the hugest fullest Fender type sound ever. Carl is looking to retire soon so this is a good buy now.

Carl Thompson Bass Pictures at http://ctbasses.com/TripIrish7295front.jpg & http://ctbasses.com/TripIrish7295back.jpg

Attached Files:

2. tradernick

tradernick Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2008
  3. That CT is NUTS. Very cool

4. kimmy irish

kimmy irish

Sep 10, 2008
  5. kimmy irish

kimmy irish

Sep 10, 2008
    Details & prices now updated. PM me anytime. I am negotiable, especially on more than one.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

6. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    OMG:eek:
    3 of my all time fav basses.
    I gotta own one of those someday.

Good luck with the sale.

7. atauntaun

atauntaun

Sep 14, 2008
    Alameda, CA
    Endorser Jule Amps Monique
    Oh why couldn't you post these during bonus time? I want the 86 Wal in the worst way. Good luck with sale.

8. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    each bass dropped $1000 in one day?:confused:

maybe if i wait 3 more days the CT will be free!!!!!!!!!!

9. ampeglb100

ampeglb100

Oct 1, 2002
    Portland, OR
    PM sent.

Andy

10. Pentabuzz88

Pentabuzz88

Sep 29, 2008
    PM Sent Thanks

11. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I watched that black and gold one go for 5600 on ebay a few weeks ago. What happened there?

12. kimmy irish

kimmy irish

Sep 10, 2008
    Actually, it went for $6400. These basses are being sold for monetary reasons and not for anything wrong with them. It just should not have been purchased with all that is going on, and already having one.

Thanks.

13. kimmy irish

kimmy irish

Sep 10, 2008
    More pics

Attached Files:

14. kimmy irish

kimmy irish

Sep 10, 2008
    LOL well I based the prices on eBay instead of here, so no one should complain about them being fair now. I assure you they are not going to drop drastically like that again, although I am negotiable.

Thanks

15. PMed

16. kimmy irish

kimmy irish

Sep 10, 2008
    For those of you genuinely interested, the basses will be available at the Bass Specialties store near Philadelphia. I'm sorry to those of you I was trying to make a deal with. I was certainly willing to be very negotiable on these prices.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.