1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2001rb bi amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by evil_chihuahua, Apr 24, 2010.

1. evil_chihuahua

evil_chihuahua

Oct 23, 2007
    Have had a 2001rb for a couple of months now and just recently paired it with a neo 412:hyper:, now I have a question, does the tweeter volume not function when the woofer volume is turned all the way down. I could not find the answer by searching or in the manual. I just want to make sure things are working correctly. The tweeter volume works fine when I have the woofer volume up, I just assumed it would act independently from the woofer volume. Also, the dirt channel seems awfully noisy, has anybody noticed this at higher gain settings?

2. evil_chihuahua

evil_chihuahua

Oct 23, 2007
    anyone?

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Can't answer the woofer/tweeter question, but most amps get noisey when the gain is cranked.

4. Better late than never, but here's an idea: why don't you turn the woofer all the way down and leave the tweeter up? The answer should be pretty obvious.

5. anonymous101511

anonymous101511 Guest

Mar 5, 2001
    Dean Markley Strings, Xotic Basses, Kubicki Basses
    Yes the tweeter volume control is independent from the woofer. Must make sure you have the GK speakon cables, though. You need them for the bi-amp configuration.