No longer available 2003 Warwick Limited Edition Thumb Bolt-on Beach Blonde + Hard Case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TXBassTone, Dec 12, 2021.

1. TXBassTone

TXBassTone Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2020
    San Antonio, Texas
    Price:
    $2000
    Strings:
    United States
    Sold on another site.
    I have gone back and forth about letting this one go. The bass has been used, but there are very minimal signs of wear (listing as excellent). It looks and sounds amazing. The neck has a nice profile, has great balance with a leather padded strap, and best of all it is not heavy. Throwing in the Hardcase it came with when I purchased it to help protect it for shipping. Price does not include shipping, but I'm willing to split the cost of actual shipping (within CONUS only).The only trade I would consider for this is a Sandberg TM-4 Superlight. Here are the specs from where it was purchased:

Limited Edition 2003 Warwick Thumb Bolt-On Bass in Bleached Blonde Satin Finish. In 2003 Warwick produced 350 “Bleached Blonde” Thumb Bolt-On Limited Edition Basses. These were made by the custom shop in Germany! The body is made of American Swamp Ash with Flamed Maple top and has a Satin Oil finish. The Headstock is covered with a matching veneer of Flamed Maple, too. The neck and the fingerboard are also constructed from Flamed Maple. This special instrument required an equally special finishing touch, so the Warwick Custom Shop created a new mother-of-pearl “Sunset” inlay design: when the sun finally sets behind the mountain, two wolves start howling in the night at the 19th and 21st fret. One of the most Beautiful instruments we have seen! This awesome bass is in MINT condition, No Issues!! ALL Original-NO Breaks, Cracks or Repairs, Includes Hard-Shell Case!!

SPECS:
    •American Swamp Ash body
    •Flamed Maple top
    •AAA Flamed Maple neck
    •Flamed Maple fingerboard with “Sunset” inlays and 24 frets
    •Scale length: 34″ (long)
    •Matched headstock with Flamed Maple veneer
    •Active MEC J/J-Style pickups
    •Active MEC 2-Band electronics
    •Satin Tinted finish
    •Chrome hardware
    •Only 350 built
    •Hans Peter Wilfer signature and metallic inlay with limited edition serial number on back of headstock

WEIGHS in at: 7.25 lbs (When I weighed it with my scale I show 7.28 lbs)

.798” at the 1st Fret

1.00” at the 12th fret

Serial: 3/42

CCE05BB2-13C9-4E87-8DDD-CB557C5993A8.jpeg 6BB65DF6-38CE-421B-9E19-1121998A7832.jpeg 63D7523A-31E4-49E4-B2E1-76403D37B26F.jpeg B23EF9BC-33C8-4B35-8EF9-B4138753D7F2.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  2. NO ONE 420

NO ONE 420

Mar 25, 2020
    That's nice looking .

3. neal rapp

neal rapp

Apr 14, 2021
    good evening sir how much does she weigh

4. neal rapp

neal rapp

Apr 14, 2021
    sorry i looked passed the pics lol how can you describe the tone compared to a avenkol body

5. TXBassTone

TXBassTone Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2020
    San Antonio, Texas
    I haven’t had the Ovangkol body, but I think this maple would be a bit of a more bright tone. I like it because it has a great low end and midrange to help cut through a dense mix.

6. neal rapp

neal rapp

Apr 14, 2021
    if this was a 5 banger you’d already be shipping it out to me
    it’s very hard to pass this bass up but i play 5 string g l w t s ;/))

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022