For Sale 2004 USA Peavey Cirrus Custom Tiger Eye

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nonconformist, Jul 13, 2020.

1. nonconformist

nonconformist Guest

Mar 1, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    My recently-acquired 2004 U.S. made Peavey Cirrus Custom is now up for sale. COVID-19 can claim my job as another economic victim, so I need to raise as much funds as possible. The timing couldn't have been worse as this instrument lives up to the hype!

1.jpg
    • Body woods: 5A quilted maple top, mahogany body panels with purpleheart veneer; tiger eye finish in poly gloss
    • Scale: 35", four string
    • Neck Construction: neck-through five-piece birdseye maple / purpleheart
    • Width at nut: 40mm (1.575") with a 12” radius
    • Fretboard: Ebony with abalone side dots and 12th fret "Cirrus" inlay
    • Pickups: Peavey VFL® (Vertical-Flux Loading)
    • Electronics: Peavey Millenium including 3-band EQ, sweepable mids, volume, blend, 18V; walnut control knobs
    • Cavity Covers: Natural wood with complete shielding, matching quilted maple headstock overlay
    • Accessories: Gotoh drop D Tuner in gold with the original one included in satin gold included; Dunlop strap locks installed
    • Case: original Peavey hardcase with case candy all in perfect condition
    • Weight: 8 lbs. 11 oz.
    • Condition: 8.5/10 excellent, besides mild cloudiness in the finish around some of the body edges due to years of storage in the case. This is visible in attached photos. Neck is straight and stable, action is low. Not a single scratch, ding, or mark on her.
    • Strings: D'Addario XL Half-Rounds (medium)
    The bass received a brand new, hand-carved Graphtech nut with PLEK fret analysis and enhancement at Philtone Guitars of Baltimore in 2018. I took it a step further and used orange oil and wax on the neck, Alembic guitar polish on the body, oiled all the wood cavity covers, replaced the 9V batteries with new Energizer Max 9Vs, and applied some Deoxit F5 to keep the pots smooth and clean.

Bass History:
    This instrument represented the top of the line Peavey Cirrus of its time, and is even featured on the cover of the included owners manual. The serial number has been confirmed with Chris at Peavey Customer Service.
    Original sale listing of the New, Old Stock (NOS) instrument
    Listings by the original owner on Talkbass, xposaune: (1) (2)
    Sale thread by moreblues from my purchase

Asking price is $925 plus actual shipping which is quite a bit less than what I paid for it last week and includes shipping east of the Mississippi. Of course I can make accommodations for a socially distant, local drop-off up to 100 miles from 20010. Please contact me with any and all questions. A reasonable offer could be entertained.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Smoothmove, B-Mac, dwbeau75 and 10 others like this.
  2. xposaune

xposaune Gold Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Good luck with sale. This is a nice bass at a fair price. The ebony board in particular is super nice. Sorry to hear about the job situation.

nonconformist likes this.
  3. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your sucky timing. Can 2020 suck any more ? You ad is one of the most complete, informative posts ever.

4. nonconformist

nonconformist Guest

Mar 1, 2008
    I agree, 2020 really needs a restart or to accelerate to completion. Though, to have your health and the health of your family is really all one can ask for by the end of this thing.

5. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

Man I hate to to hear about this...such a sweet bass. Best of luck to you!

6. brstma

brstma my dog is an awesome dog Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Florida
    Wish this was a 5!

7. nonconformist

nonconformist Guest

Mar 1, 2008
    I know!

8. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

That's a total bummer. Just curious why talkbass is rubbing you the wrong way ?

9. jecodia28

jecodia28

Nov 15, 2015
    Beautiful bass....

10. RigorMortens

RigorMortens

Dec 2, 2018
    How far east of the Mississippi will you ship? Europe?

11. Would you mind sending me a PM. I've a few questions. I tried to msg you but it said "You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: nonconformist.". I might be too lurky - I'm not sure the problem.

Edit: just saw "Removing from Talkbass Classifieds as I am permanently deleting my account from this forum after 12 years."

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  12. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

13. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    Has this bass been sold?

14. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

Guys, I think the Seller has left Talkbass

dwbeau75 likes this.
  15. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    Mystery, intrigue and a cliff hanger ending..

dwbeau75 likes this.
  16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021