2005 NFL Draft-1st round wish thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by snailplow, Jan 8, 2005.

1. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

State who your favorite team is,who you'd like to see them pick with their first pick,and then explain why.

My team---------------->Oakland Raiders
    1st round choice-------->Derrick Johnson/OLB/Texas

My Raiders had the worst running game in the NFL this year,so a franchise running back is absolutely of great importance.
    They don't need to address this need in the draft b/c there are about five GREAT running backs available in free agency.I'm hoping we sign free agent LaMont Jordan away from the N.Y. Jets.
    I chose Derrick Johnson because we need LBs on our defense the most,and he's graded to be the best LB out of college in a decade.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Lamont Jordan is a GREAT running back? He isn't great, but he is good. Wow, you Raiders fans have gone a long time without a good RB haven't you??? :D

My team----> Pittsburgh
    I'd love to see Pittsburgh pick up someone like Corey Webster from LSU. It would be nice to have a shutdown corner in Pittsburgh again. I'd also like to see Antrel Rolle from Miami, Fla. That will never happen though. Rolle is a top five pick.

3. snailplow

Webster probably won't be on the board when the Steelers pick,b/c they're for sure ganna win the SB and have the last 1st rd. pick.I'd say CBs "Pacman" Jones(West Virginia),Justin Miller(Clemson),or Carlos Rogers(Auburn)will be available then.If Cowher and staff draft one of these guys,and develop Ricardo Colclough,you're defensive backfield will be one of the league's best,when you add Polamanu into the equation.The Steelers D would dominate for years.
    Yea,I think LaMont is a great back.He just hasn't had a chance to shine,being stuck behind C.Martin.His ypc average is almost 5 yds per carry.
    The Raiders are sure to draft a stud Offensive guard in the 3rd round this year,so when we start him with Robert Gallery at LT,current startingLT to LG Barry Sims,this year's 2nd round draft choice Jake Grove at center,and 2nd rd.draft choice from 2002 Langston Walker at RT,I think LaMont Jordan could rush for at least 1200 yards if he stayed healthy.
    Yea,we Raider fans long for a RB like we had in Bo Jackson.I'm just thanking my lucky stars that Ricky Williams isn't coming to Oakland like he originally said he wanted.That dude is whacked.
  4. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    9ers couch is gone... thank you very much... WE WIN!
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Then I say[HOLLER]: "NOOOOOOOOO!! NOOOOOOOOO!! Not another quarterback!!!!?!!!?!!!?!!!?!!!?[/HOLLER]
  6. For my hometown team, we need an entirely new O-line. We have a great running back, an even better wide receiver (Andre going to the pro bowl), and a decent (and still learning) quarterback, but our o-line is what is killing us (among other things).

That said, if we could also somehow get away with Cedric Benson or Cadillac Williams somehow, I'd be a happy man.
  7. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Don't care, as long as my VIKINGS draft some

DEFENSE!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :scowl:
  8. Falcon's need a reciever. Peerless Price is the (i think) the second highest paid reciever in the NFL, and he is awful.

PS. If Michael Vick scrambles everyplay and stops trying to be a QB, Falcon's will win Super Bowl
  9. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The Raiders need to draft some brains, and maybe a pair of testicles. I love em, but they couldn't do anything with all the talent they had?! Porter, Collins and Wheatley aren't the greatest, but they're more than 5-win material for sure. To get anywhere, the players they have are gonna have to step up.
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Well yeah. I figured that much. You just asked who you would like to see our favorite team draft. I'd like to see Webster or Rolle holding a Steelers cap on draft day, but it won't happen. Then again, if I had to choose between one of those guys, and the best record in the NFL....I'll take what I got now.

Pittsburgh will end up drafting some no-name defender who will end up making a major contribution next year. :)

11. Does it bother you that if the Chargers trade off Philip Rivers, that will give them three first round draft picks (the other comes from the whole Eli Manning thing)?

An already good team will become much better.
  12. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Word up. Minnesota Vikings are my team, and since they're probably going to win the Superbowl (ha!), they'll have the last pick - and I don't know who they should draft on defense. I'm thinking a linebacker 1st round, followed by another DE.
  13. snailplow

Yep,that's went through my head.From the looks of it,the Bolts will be atop the AFC West for a while.
    If Vinny Testiverde retires,Jerry Jones will probably trade one of his 1st round draft choices to the Bolts for Rivers.
    It's also possible that Denny Green trades multiple draft choices for Rivers too,since McCown isn't getting it done.

Here's some other possible teams that could use Rivers.

-Green Bay
    -New Orleans
    -San Francisco
  14. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    If the defense had played all year like they played today, we'd be 13-3 instead of 8-8. If they play next week like they played today, and with Owens out, the Eagles could be going home early too.
  15. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    For da Bears

I'd like to draft a new owner who actually take advantage of having one the top 5 media markets and spend some $$ for some players, and front office staff. Mike McCaskey, I'm talking to you!

On the serious side,
    A game breaking WR like Mike Williams
    or a Left Tackle like Alex Barron, Jamal Brown or D'Brickashaw Ferguson
  16. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I'm no vikings fan. I'm a Bengals fan, & this statement couldn't be any truer... We need defensive lineman, BAD!
    LB corps isn't too bad, & our secondary looks pretty decent.

We need DT's REALLY bad, & a another high energy DE to bookend w/ Justin Smith.

AND, a D-Coordinator.