1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 2006 Wishbass 5 String bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dluxe, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I have a 2006 Wishbass 5 string. Steve said that it is a 5 string Scroll without holes, dogwood and holly, persimmon neck, purpleheart fingerboard, Kent Armstrong pickup, lacquer finish. Lots of wormholes on the top! Has black nylon strings on it. Price includes shipping in the lower 48.

1244852_0. 1244856_0. 1244855_0. 1244853_0. 1244857_0. 1244858_0. 1244859_0.

2. ardonlouie

ardonlouie Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Johnsburg, Illinois
    Pictures please

3. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Ah the inimitable wishbass.

I used to own several of these. I recorded with a couple of them at what was Station Sound in queens.

Years later the engineers and owners were still talking about how it was the best tracking bass they had ever recorded.

One of them was the owner, Tommy Coletti (now owner of the Music Zoo who also played on the session) so that is certainly high praise in my book.

Anyway, GLWTS.

RyanJD and Dluxe like this.
  4. Afraid to ask about the weight. My scroll is an anchor.

5. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    It is a hefty 11 pounds 7 ounces on the digital scale. It is a large instrument!

6. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    I normally don't like 5ers, and I don't usually like Wishbass, but I don't hate this one!
    GLWTS.......

Dubiously worded bump, but you nearly had me checking my funds.

Dluxe likes this.
  7. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Is this a 34" scale? Is the neck straight?

8. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    It is 34" scale. The neck is large and looks straight. A bit of buzzing on a couple of lower notes on the B string but everyone that plays it likes it.

9. Those things have always fascinated me, though I have never actually put my hands on one.

Cool bass.

Dluxe likes this.
  10. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i don't care what people say

i love these basses

for $300 someone will love this thing.

Marc61 likes this.