1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2008 Fender Jazz 5 ASJV Olympic White. Norstrands!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chasarms, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    Trades now considered!!!! See below.

I'm not sure why, but I am going to attempt to sell this bass. I really like it, but I have mostly decided that my Roscoe Beck V can give me the same tone, and with its other tonal options and its rarity, it makes sense that it is the keeper. In addition, my regular gig is on DB these days anyway, and I need to invest in some items for my big girl.

This bass is a 2008 American made passive bass. There are no blemishes on it whatsoever. I have installed Nordstrand PUs. The model number of the pickups is NJ5FS if you are interested. The bass sounds great with these PUs. It has a tighter bottom end punch and, obviously, is mouse quiet. Of course, I will include the stock Fender PUs should you wish make your own decision.

The bass is actually the best playing one that I have. The neck is extremely comfortable, and it is FAR lighter than the RBV. I would describe it as unexpectedly light and guess it to be 9 lbs or so at most. Currently strung with a fresh set of DR Long Necks.

The price is $1,000 shipped to anywhere in the greater 48 states. The sale includes the original hardshell case, the Fender truss tool and any of the originally included items that I can locate. I am certain I still have the strap (unused). Not a bad deal considering the bass would be $1400 new plus another $200 for the Nordstrand pickups. Paypal is preferred.

I would consider shipping out of the U.S., but please note that the seller should be prepared to pay actual shipping and insurance. Further, I WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, falsify any customs documents in any way including statements as to the nature of the item, the origin of the item, my relationship to the buyer or the reason that the item is being shipped into the country in order to attempt to relieve any customs charges that the buyer may be asked to pay. (Sorry for the little rant, but I have been amazed by some of the things I have been asked to do by those wishing to buy from out of country :) )

Thank you in advance for your interest.

ASJV.

2. Eamesy

Eamesy

Jan 1, 2009
    London
    why do those strings get really thin towards the bridge?

3. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Taper core strings...

4. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    PM'd

5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    Yes. They are like new DR Longnecks. Great strings, BTW.

6. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    Nice bass...and I agree with your reasoning for selling it vs. the Roscoe Beck, too.

7. What's the string spacing at the bridge and the nut?
    Dead Spots?

8. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    1 7/8" nut. The bridge is designed to have a small amount of adjustment in the spacing using the multiple grooves in the saddle pieces. I have it at about 18.5-19 mm. It could go a bit tighter probably, but not much wider.

There are no dead spots in the neck that I have noticed.

Take a look here if you are interested in more specs:

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0190760700

9. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    Bumping this thread to state that will now consider trades for this bass. My primary interest would be an EBMM SR5 or a G&L L2500. No four strings considered. Must be in VERY good condition.

10. My mint L2500 (TRIBUTE) + cash of any interest?

11. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Pm sent

12. Tempted....

13. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    Something's brewing!!! You know -- when the soup just starts to come to a simmer. You can smell it and you know it's gonna be good, but you're just not sure exactly how it's all gonna come together.

Stay tuned.

14. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    PENDING!!!!

15. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I made that argument too, but the 2008 Jazz is a much more comfortable instrument to play IMO. I missed mine as soon as I sold it, and I eventually let the RBV go too!:rolleyes:

16. toniwonkanobi

toniwonkanobi Supporting Member

May 23, 2008
    Northern California
    Endorsing: 1964 Ears, LLC.
    still available?

17. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    Traded. She's off to sunny Southern California -- back to her place of origin. Mean while, I await the arrival of a Stingray 5. I am very much looking forward to it!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.