For Sale 2008 Roscoe SKB 3006 (Price Drop)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thetrainmaster, Feb 3, 2021.

1. thetrainmaster

thetrainmaster Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Price:
    $2200
    Strings:
    United States
    I have a gorgeous Roscoe I am looking to send to a new home. I purchased this bass in 2012 and it has mostly seen home use (light gigging until 2015). It's been a long time since I've played bass consistently, and frankly my skills have atrophied to the point that this bass is just too much for me. It has a really striking bubinga top and back that compliment the black hardware. It has a Swamp Ash core with a natural finish. Neck is maple, with purpleheart center lamination and maple/cherry accent laminations. Wenge Fingerboard. It has an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp with lots of tone controls - pickup blend, mid boost/cut, bass boost/cut, high boost/cut.

The bass is in good shape, but it has some dings and oxidation on the pickups, which I've documented in the images. Not looking to trade, and the listed price includes shipping. Accepting offers. Located in ATX and would discount the price to do locally. Thank you!

IMG_0330.png

IMG_0329.png IMG_0330.png IMG_0332.png IMG_0333.png IMG_0334.png IMG_0335.png IMG_0336.png IMG_0337.png IMG_0338.png IMG_0339.png IMG_0340.png

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    ivlucas, joel, akukulich and 6 others like this.
  2. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    String length?String spacing at the bridge? Weight?

3. thetrainmaster

Nov 14, 2010
    I need to measure string spacing at bridge, but it is 35 inch scale and weighs 10.8lb! Will update later

Hankenstein likes this.
  4. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    Thanks!

5. thetrainmaster

Nov 14, 2010
    Using a ruler I got 17mm spacing at the bridge.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  6. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Standard string spacing is 18.3mm. It looks like standard spacing.

7. thetrainmaster

Nov 14, 2010
    I bet you’re right, Chuck. I wasn’t too confident in my measurement — never had to measure string spacing before and wasn’t sure I did it accurately

8. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Nice looking Roscoe!

9. pwilson

pwilson Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Pm'd

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021