1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

200w Amp Suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DarkAvianFind, Jan 11, 2020.

1. After 15 years I sold my GK 400RB-ii back to its original owners, who sold it to me with a CW 215 cab for $100. They're touring again and I haven't played out in a few years.

It felt like the right thing to do, but I'm a little heartbroken and now without an amp. So I'm looking for recommendations for a 200w amp in the less-than-$1000 range. Options seem limited and I'm currently eyeing the Ampeg SVT Micro. Thoughts?

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Chillin' n Grillin' on the Best Coast
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    Check out the TE elf.

Looking for a combo or head/Cab?

Artman likes this.
  3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Chillin' n Grillin' on the Best Coast
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    Looking for a small bass amp with the following features:

4. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    What about replacing it with the same amp? There are still some available new, or there are plenty on the used market.

Artman, DarkAvianFind and Stumbo like this.
  5. I'm definitely considering it. I loved that amp. Just wondering if there were better options out there.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The Micro VR is a really cool head...I've been using it a lot lately and it sounds great and looks way cool. But the PF350 sounds and costs the same, does more wattage, and fits in a laptop bag. Unless you have the 210av cab it's designed to pair with, I'd go with the PF350 if you go that route.

7. Traynor SB112 or SB115. Both are 200 watt, lightweight combos. They punch well above their weight.
    Traynor also makes lightweight heads from 200 watts and up.

All of their products are cost effective.

DarkAvianFind likes this.
  8. Artman

Artman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Georgetown, TX
    A used Fender Rumble 200 v.3 or 500 v.3 Head and a used cab or two of just about any configuration can be had for well under a grand. Or a used Rumble 500 v.3 (210) combo and an extension cab will knock down walls if you so desire.

DarkAvianFind and Stumbo like this.