1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2014 Gibson 120th Anniversary SG Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Koog, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    Price:
    $675
    Strings:
    Gibson 120th Anniversary SG bass for sale only.

Bass is in near new condition. No nicks, dings, bumps, or owies. All Gibson factory standard equipment and styling.
    • Mahogany body and neck
    • Rosewood fingerboard
    • Gibson pups, electronics, controls, and bridge
    • Grover tuners
    • 30.5 inch scale
    • Harder to find "Fireburst" matte finish
    • Weighs in at 8.5 pounds
    • Gibson factory issue hard case
    Very nice, lightweight, well balanced bass. Set up is low and the bass is easy to play. It is a very nice set up for a smaller person or beginning player. This one of those basses that will get you on the right road, and offer the space to grow as a player. Could even end up being your full time go to bass. It worked for Jack Bruce!

It is presently strung with D'Addario black tape wound strings, which give the bass a nice, organic, woody tone. I also have a slightly used set of D'Addario rounds that I will include with the sale.

Priced to sell at $675.00, shipped, insured CONUS. I will work with international buyers, but shipping, taxes, and duty are the buyer's expense. I accept payment through PayPal only, and will ship within 24 hours of funds clearing PayPal.

Please check my feedback and buy with confidence.

Please use the "Start a Conversation" feature on this forum to ask questions, or make an offer for this bass.

Photos follow. Thanks for looking.

Red 1. Red 2. Red 4. Red b3. Black 3.

59jazz likes this.
  2. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Where are you located?

3. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    Responded by starting a conversation.

4. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Interested if the above falls through.

5. MrAtomic

MrAtomic Friendly Robot

Dec 29, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Hi, I just want to confirm what Koog wrote in his initial post: these are terrific instruments that can absolutely function as a primary bass. I sold off my other basses after playing my 2015 SG for a few months. It's just really comfortable and easy to play. Plus, Curtis Novak makes a bunch of different pickups for it, if you want to tinker with its sound.

Best of luck with the sale!

6. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    Thank you for your kind remarks, Mr Atomic.

Bass is sold! Thanks, Lee.