1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2016 MTD 634-24. MINT. 9.5 pounds

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Docbass1218, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Docbass1218

Docbass1218 Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Price:
    $4000
    Strings:
    I have only owned this incredible bass for a very short while. The ONLY reason that I'm selling is because I realize that I am a 'one bass guy'. I already own a Fodera 6 string which gets all of my playing time. FWIW, this is the most easily playable bass I have ever owned.

The original owner put together a great description. I have copied and pasted some of his text.

The swamp ash/walnut top with ebony board gives a full, articulate yet warm tone. Low B is awesome as well as chords, slap, etc etc. extremely versatile for any type of music (jazz, single chordal instrumental, P&W, rock, pop). Bass is mint.

2016 model
    9.5lbs!
    Swamp ash body
    Matching custom MTD matching knobs
    18mm bridge
    Maple neck with multi piece headstock to eliminate dead spots
    34” scale which is so much more comfortable than 35. High strings also sound better imo. B is still monsterous.
    Comes with new cond mtd protec gig case
    Jet black Gabon ebony board
    Evo gold frets
    Killer upgraded walnut top/matching truss rod and headstock
    Ebony ramp is removable.
    World logo upgrade
    Buzz Feiten. Low action and even response across board!

Thanks for looking. Please feel free to message me with any questions.

IMG_0931.JPG IMG_0932.JPG IMG_0933.JPG IMG_0934.JPG IMG_0935.JPG IMG_0936.JPG IMG_0937.JPG IMG_0938.JPG IMG_0939.JPG IMG_0940.JPG IMG_0941.JPG IMG_0942.JPG IMG_0943.JPG IMG_0944.JPG IMG_0945.JPG IMG_0946.JPG IMG_0947.JPG IMG_0948.JPG IMG_0950.JPG IMG_0951.JPG

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    TolerancEJ, AB Nate, Whisper and 2 others like this.
  2. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Messages responded to. A couple of interesting trade offers, but at this point I would prefer an outright sale. Feel free to message me with any offers for purchase. I am motivated to sell.

3. Is the ramp removable? Thanks!

Docbass1218 likes this.
  4. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Yes, the ramp is removable.

bassmanbrent likes this.
  5. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Gorgeous bass, Doc! Wish I could swing it.

Docbass1218 likes this.
  6. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Thanks! This bass is really incredible. I've really just come to understand that I am most comfortable playing just one bass. I'm kind of different in that way. Truthfully, if not for the bond that I have with the Fodera 6, I wouldn't even consider selling this one.

This bass really sounds and plays as beautiful as it looks. Mike Tobias is one of a small handful of uber talented artists/designers/builders!

7. Docbass1218

Jan 15, 2012
    southern New Jersey
    Hi Brent,
    I, actually did remove the ramp this evening.
    Dental floss is truly a very useful tool! In the morning, when the sun is up, I will take a couple of pictures without the ramp. The top looks stunning. Of course, whoever buys the bass will receive the ramp, as well, along with the proper double-sided tape to re-afix, if they so choose.

bassmanbrent, AB Nate and TolerancEJ like this.