1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 2017 Spector Forte 5 Fretless *Trades Updated*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by B-Lo, Feb 25, 2019.

1. B-Lo

B-Lo One day I'll figure out how to play this thing... Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Selling a beautiful ’17 Spector Forte 5 fretless in Black Cherry Matte. I received this in a trade in December and while I’d love to keep it, I think it’ll be better served in someone else’s hands.

I’m brand new to fretless and I thought it’d be cool to eventually be able to take it to a performance with its fretted twin counterpart (last couple pics), but alas, I think such a fine bass is a waste in my hands at this time.

A bass like this should be in the hands of someone who can play it and I believe I’m better off learning fretless technique on something like a Squier and eventually upgrade to something like this sometime down the road years from now.

I have it priced to move for an outright sell…my loss, your gain but I’m keeping trade value at $2300.

It’s currently set up with TI Flats and weighs 9.6 lbs. Ships in the Spector licensed OHSC.

-Aguilar OBP-2 P
    -Aguilar Super Double D2 pups (5SD-D2)
    -Hipshot Ultralight tuners
    -Spector Helium bridge

I can go +/- cash on trades and trade interests include:

Fender Elite Jazz V
    Sadowsky USA or Metro
    Yamaha BBNE2
    Yamaha BBP35...possibly other PJs
    Spector NS5XL or NS5H2
    MTD
    Devon
    Stingray Special 5 (H or HH)
    Fender Custom Shop J or P

I also don’t mind trading for a more modest fretless from someone looking to upgrade. Thanks.

*Side note: Although I’m not actively looking to sell the fretted version, I will make a sweetheart deal for anyone who loves “twin” basses and would like to purchase both. It’s also a 2017 (#086, born a month later), 34" scale (rare for Spector 5 strings) and weighs only 8.8 lbs!

Two 2017 Spector Forte 5s (#085 and #086) in Black Cherry Matte for $3999 shipped.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    prue, bongostealth and TolerancEJ like this.
  2. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    It's barely been 10 minutes and I'm already having second thoughts after looking back thru the pics lol.

five7 likes this.
  3. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, if I had a worthy trade, I’d gladly do so. That’s a beautiful instrument. GLWTS

4. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Thank you!

5. slundberg

slundberg

Jun 9, 2016
    Are there side markers on the neck where the frets would be? I was watching one like this (or this one!) on Reverb a few months ago, but the unlined fretboard adds that extra challenge!

6. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Yes, this one has the side markers on the neck. I attached a couple more pics that show them. Thanks.

Attached Files:

slundberg likes this.
  7. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    I guess you wouldn’t want to trade for a 5 String Unlined Fretless? :D

8. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Haha, I suppose you're right.

rashrader likes this.
  9. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Wow, I can't believe I never noticed this before but I was just noodling around on the fretted one and noticed the serial number was #086 (the fretless is #085).

I knew they were both 2017s but for some reason I never thought to pay attention to how close or far off the serial numbers were...pretty cool coincidence. This is starting to make me reconsider selling it/them.

10. Basically Bob

Basically Bob Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Man that’s a sweet bass! So cool ... re the serial numbers. Yank the listing quick!
    ;)

B-Lo likes this.
  11. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Thanks! I think I will yank the listing if it/they doesn't/don't move this weekend. Right now I have more basses than fingers and thumbs but these may be highly desirable to some collector down the road after S. Spector retires.

I acquired both of these second/third hand thru other TB'ers...just a cool coincidence that they made sequentially.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019