1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED 2019 Devon Modern Gen5 MINT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by B-Lo, Sep 15, 2019.

1. B-Lo

B-Lo Bassist, Drummer, Sound Tech, part time Ninja... Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Price:
    Strings:
    *Udated trades*

Gorgeous Devon Modern Gen5 bass with a very rare Lace Afzelia top and matching headstock.

This beauty was built earlier this year and still in the same condition as it was when it left Devon's shop...only played in church a handful of times. This build including matching knobs, matching pup covers and deluxe gig bag is well over $4K. Save big on an as new hand made work of art from Devon.

Selling because I also have another Devon Gen5 beauty and I have my eye on a stunning fretless. If that bass sells before I can get it, I may pull this ad.

Ships in a RB Continental Voyager bag or Mono M80 bag - buyer's choice.

Specs and link from the original owner with studio pics are below:
    • Chambered Ash body
    • Lace Afzelia top
    • Lace Afzelia headstock
    • 3-piece maple neck
    • 24-fret Ebony fretboard w/ Abalone block inlays
    • 35 inch scale
    • Nordstrand BigRig pickups w/ custom matching covers
    • Nordstrand 3b preamp, 18-volt, 3-band with master volume (with push/pull for active/passive), tone, blend, treble and mid (with push/pull for mid-shift switch) and bass
    • Hipshot A, 19mm bridge
    • Hipshot tuners
    • Poly Gloss finish, satin on back of neck
    • Magnetically-fastened electronics cover and battery cover
    • 8lbs, 4oz
    SOLD - (Marked down to sale) Gorgeous Custom Devon with Rare Lace Afzelia top loaded

I've been asked about trades. I'd prefer to sell outright because I have my eye on a specific bass I'm looking to purchase, but I'd possibly be interested in the following:

-- Sadowsky USA or Metro 5
    -- Nordy 5
    -- MTD 5
    -- Ken Smith 5
    -- Roscoe (SKB body) 5
    -- Yamaha BBNE2 5
    -- Spector NS or NH 5
    -- Fender Custom Shop P bass
    -- Acoustic basses
    -- Other Devon 5's (in 34" scale as potential trade bait for the bass I'm eyeing)

All +/- cash as needed. There's a possibility I'd be interested in other basses as well, but those are at the top of my list. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  2. Bassmantd

Bassmantd

Aug 1, 2015
    describe the neck. Thickness and profile. Thanks

3. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    This is one bass I wish I was in financial shape to get back. I’ve owned a lot of basses like Roscoe, Benavente, MTD, Lakland, Warrior, STR, and many more. None of them was as good as these Devons.

B-Lo likes this.
  4. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    I believe it's Devon's take on a jazz style neck.

I just now did a quick comparison of the necks on the Devon, an Am Pro P5, an American Elite J5, a Spector Forte 5 and a Lakland 55-94.

Of the those four, the Devon's neck was closest to the 55-94 in terms of width of the taper from headstock to body. However, the neck on the Devon was "flatter" toward the upper register while the 55-94 was "rounder".

To be honest, I couldn't tell you the difference between a C shape, D shape, etc. Weird enough, they all feel the same to me...I just pick them up and play them.

jebmd likes this.
  5. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Yep, they're definitely top notch. I don't think I'd even list it for sale if I didn't have the other Devon.

campbems likes this.
  6. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    you simply won’t touch a bass this nice with build quality and options close to this price.

detoxxx and B-Lo like this.
  7. Bassmantd

Bassmantd

Aug 1, 2015
    Pm sent

8. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Updated trades:

-- Sadowsky USA or Metro 5
    -- Nordy 5
    -- MTD 5
    -- Ken Smith 5
    -- Roscoe (SKB body) 5
    -- Yamaha BBNE2 5
    -- Spector NS or NH 5
    -- Fender Custom Shop P bass
    -- Acoustic bass
    -- Other Devon 5's (in 34" scale as potential trade bait for the bass I'm eyeing)

All +/- cash as needed. There's a possibility I'd be interested in other basses as well, but those are at the top of my list. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    detoxxx likes this.
  9. detoxxx

detoxxx Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Devon Guitars, Empire Ears, Reunion Blues, Pig Hog Cables
    Would you happen to have any sound clips? Just interested to see what those Big Rigs sound like in a modern kind of positioning.

10. B-Lo

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    No sound clips at the moment. I'll try to put something together this weekend.

detoxxx likes this.
  11. Tjackson

Tjackson Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2019
    pm sent

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020