1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

24k Magic - is there a pedal out there....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BT_orangepbass, Dec 21, 2016.

1. BT_orangepbass

BT_orangepbass

Nov 1, 2012
    ...that gets me in the ballpark? I have to imagine that the record is a bass guitar and a synth layered on top of one another, but it would be cool to get a decent approximation of that sound live with a bass. What's out there? Future Impact?

2. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    There was a future impact patch someone made. It sounds good. Problem is getting it to track perfectly with all the staccato notes in that song.

Watch the live versions, they use a live Bass and I think it sounds better than the synth anyway.

bassvirtuoso and dinoadventures like this.
  3. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Feets don't fail me now!

Jul 10, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    FI can do it but I haven't personally tried that patch yet. I can get it done with a COG octave with a lot of clean blended in. Done it with the Moog LPF too. You could also attack the notes an octave down which gives it kind of octave down harmonic feel.

bassvirtuoso likes this.