1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2nd hand 15'' - Ampeg SVT15E or Electro Voice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lukas86, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Hey all,
    I already have a quadbox, but have been searching for a fairly cheap portable 15 to use for practice that is loud enough to get over a drummer. I need one that will be used as a stand alone.

Im in Aus, so I consider these to be cheap.Both are 2nd hand.

Ampeg SVT15 E- its around 8 years old, but looks mint, and has a speakon input in the back. $350
    OR

Electro Voice 15'' with EV speaker. A little older, and only has a 1/4 inch input at the back. $250

I haven't had the chance to play either, can anyone reccommend or discourage either one (pros/cons). What is better for overall value?

Thank you
    Lukas

2. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    since its just for practice and these are both fine speakers go for the bargain but try it out first and make sure there is no problems.I have bought used cabs that seemed fine then start getting noisy.Usually the speakers shake loose on bass cabs.Since I just got an Ampeg I say51%ampeg 49% EV