Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2nd poll - what driver combination do you usually use??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IvanMike, Jan 12, 2005.

1. all tens

36 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. all twelves

16 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. all fifteens

6 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. tens and fifteens

19 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. tens and twelves

12 vote(s)
    12.6%
  6. twelves and fifteens

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. tens, twelves, and fifteens

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    well the what diameter drivers do you use? poll i put out yielded no big surprises. the overwhelming majority use 10s, 15, or 12s. lot of use use tweeters too.

this poll is gonna tick some of you off because i'm limiting it to the three popular diameters and not including the multi-way boxes either. so just to let you know, i think a lot of those boxes are tops but the poll would have been gigantic and unweildy if i included every possible combination.

here goes - check off one option that best describes what you usually bring to gigs. I checked 12+15 as that's what i usually bring. sometimes i bring a 210 and/or combine it with the others, but the 12+15 is my usual rig.

2. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    I use all tens, but I have a Genz Benz 410XB2 which the lows rival IMO most on the market while still providing the punch that tens are know for bringing to the table, plus I use it as a stand alone cab,

so Tens for me :)

3. right now i'm using all tens, later on i might add a 1x15 or 1x18 tho

4. 1x12 or 2x12.
    or together(3x12!)
    or sometimes a 4x12. :bassist:

5. I voted for twelves, although I'm strongly considering adding a 2X10 cab to my current 2X12 setup.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Usually? Either 6x10 or (3x10+2x10).

Sometimes I run 3x10 or 2x10 with a 1x15.

7. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I switched from a 1x12+2x10 to a 4x10.

8. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I had a 410 cab that I took the speakers out of and made two 210 cabs out of.

One of them I turned into a 210 combo and it kicks some serious ass, so I haven't played out using the 210 extension yet...and from the way it sounds as a combo alone, I doubt I will ever need to.

9. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i figured this poll might be interesting. a few years back before 12's became all the rage a quick perusal thru a few years of bass player mags would show about 50% using all tens and 50% using tens and fifteens. there were the occasional "oddballs" using multiway cabs, twelves, eights, or eighteens. If anything, this poll should show what kind of impact twelves have had in terms of what rigs players usually schep out. with about 20 some odd votes in at this time, it looks as though the 12 has really cut into the 15" market much more than into the 10" market.

10. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    remember kids, this is the 2nd poll. vote up!

11. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I use twelves and a eighteen, so where do I vote ;) :meh: :eyebrow: :smug: :) :confused: :eek: :bag: :help:

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :meh: my 3 12" and 1 10" don't get to vote either

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Oh wait I can :bassist:

14. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    At the moment I'm using 2 12" speakers, so that's what I voted for. I may eventually add a 2x10", though.

15. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I use 410, 212. before that it was all tens.

16. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    2 112's

aggie and eden

they both have tweeties

17. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    BAH! No 15" + 18" rig choices? What a rip!

18. I used to prefer all 10's. Then it was 10's and 15's.

However about a six months ago I fell in love with 12's.

I have a GK 1001RB-II sitting on a GK Neo212. I now plan to add a GK Neo115 as soon as possible (hopefully in the next couple months). What a kickin stack that shall be.

19. whoa. I'm definitely in the minority. I my cab is a trace elliot with two fifteens. I tried a four by ten but could not get used to the mids. It could have been the tweeter though.

20. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    I went from 1x15 to 4 tens. 4 very light weight tens. Best move I ever made.