2x10 + 2x10 enough?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by semborg, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Will 2x10 + 2x10 be enough? (With yamaha bbt 500h)
    This 2x10 cabs has very low bottom and are got a very clear tone. (Its the Yamaha bbt 500 cabs). Before I wanted to add1x15, but now I will buy 2x10 instead. (I like the punchyness of the 10"s)

But will totally 4 10"s do the job?
    At bigger places there are always PA systems so I can Line out the signal from the amp.
    But do I really need bigger rig?
    I do belive 4x10 is enough, but I don't know.
    Any opinions?
  2. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    What kind of gigs are you playing and what kind of music do you play? Four 10's can do the job at small to medium gigs depending on the style of music and if you have PA support it's all you'll ever need for almost any gig.
  3. Washishimi

Washishimi Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    I use to have that set up as my main rig for gigs until I retired it to my practice rig. It worked great for small gigs as well as medium with no PA support. We were a pretty loud rock band, and I had no problems cutting through and the sound out in the crowd was great. There is quite a difference in volume and punch when you go from one 2X10 to two 2X10's with that head (which I highly recommend), so I am sure you will be happy. I would say if you were going to go to larger venues and outdoor gigs, you will probably need PA support. But I guess it really depends on what type of music you will be playing.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

IMO a pair of 2x10 cabs of decent quality can handle the vast majority of gigs. Heck, I once used my Bergantino 3x10 at an outdoor gig with no PA support and it did just fine.
  5. Yes that will work fine for you. I always wanted but never had 2x10s that I could stack vertically. That should project very well.
  6. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    IMO a 2-10"/2-10" would be fine for virtually every gig if you have P.A. support for the really large gigs.
    I used to run a 4-10" for everything and volume-wise it was plenty.
    I'm now using a 2-10"/1-15" setup for everything - most of the time without P.A. support and I've had no problems being heard.

Your back will also love it.
    - Art