1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD 3/4 Ply Czech bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Robert Murphy, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Price:
    $900.00
    Strings:
    Pretty red Czech plywood bass. Wenzel Kohler, probably late 70's or 80's from Ideal Music in NYC. Nice finish with some minor nicks, upgraded end pin, ebony everything, newer Corelli strings. E flat neck with tight joints. A very sturdy bass. Good volume with very good sustain, arco and pizz. Just purchased a new hybrid so this one needs a home. Rock, blues, jazz, grass or church I've been there and enjoyed this bass and you will too. I will travel an hour or two and crate to ship for a fee. Christmas lights are not included and harmless removal. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. jsf729

jsf729

Dec 12, 2014
    Central Maryland
    Hello. I'm in Carroll County, not too far from you. I'd like to visit to check out the bass, hopefully over the weekend. I'm kind of busy, however but somewhat flexible. If possible, what is your availability starting this evening? Thanks.

3. That bass and I will be preforming Fri, Sat, and Sunday this week. I have a brother near Sykesville so I could come visit you next week? Lets keep in touch.

4. jsf729

jsf729

Dec 12, 2014
    Central Maryland
    Ok. Thanks for your reply. I'm very close to Sykesville

5. A lady at the Christmas event I played on Sunday night purchased the bass as a gift for her husband. Lucky guy!