1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

3/4 size bass in jeep wrangler?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by danielkl, Oct 27, 2009.

1. danielkl

danielkl

Apr 19, 2009
    i've been on the search for a new car for a long time as mine is slowly falling apart. i know it'll fit in all the hatchbacks i was looking at like a VW gti, rabbit, honda fit, toyota matrix, audi a3, mazda, subaru, etc.... but recently i've liked jeep wranglers more and more. any car i get would be manual for sure, no automatic transmission for me. is there a way to fit a 3/4 size upright bass in a jeep wrangler through the tailgate (not by flipping the passenger seat down) without getting in the way of shifting?

2. Gbassman815

Gbassman815

Feb 22, 2009
    yeah, in mine, i managed to put a full size upright bass in the back, i just took out the back seat, which comes out really easy. just be ready to have your bass beat up, jeep wranglers have one of the stiffest rides that i have ever ridden in

3. danielkl

danielkl

Apr 19, 2009
    oh. what about one of the newer wranglers? i've heard they have slightly softer suspension. is it completely nessecary to take the seat out, though?

4. oldfretless

oldfretless Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2007
    SoYo County,PA
    +1 on the ride. Great in snow, but the short wheelbase makes the rear bumper want to pass the front bumper on ice.

5. VitaminC

VitaminC

Oct 4, 2008
    I am curious about this too. Mine is the basic wrangler without the extend back. Would a 3/4 fit?

6. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    I have one of the "new" 4 door Unlimited Wranglers. Mercedes-Chrysler (whatever their name is) redesigned the suspension for a smoother ride. It's my daily driver, and my LARGE 3/4 bass fits in, plus an amp, and a small jazz drumset! PLENTY o'room! I like it quite a bit. FYI.

7. mesmithnm

mesmithnm

Dec 10, 2005
    Layton, UT
    I had an '04 Wrangler with a hard top. My 3/4 bass (not a particularly large 3/4) would barely fit with the back seat removed. The overall length wasn't the problem so much as the short space from the tailgate to the backs of the front seats - that space just wasn't big enough for the body. I had to do all sorts of manipulating to get it in there and then I was never happy with the fact I couldn't seem to get the neck to not carry part of the load. Luckily, I had another car (a Subaru Outback) I could use that the bass fit in easily. I sold the Jeep when the wife and I had our kids. I would not recommend a Wrangler (at least the model year I had with the short wheelbase) for transporting a bass. For our backcountry camping trips (without kids - once again, just not enough room for four and gear), it was great!

Mark