1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

4 String Basses w/ 35" scale necks.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by itsJoeMeyer, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Hey everyone - long time listener, first time poster. Love the show !

Been playing 5 string basses for 12 yeas, and I want to make the jump back to a 4 string.

I'm looking for a 4 string bass that features a 35" scale neck. I'm familiar with the Peavey Cirrus, and ESP has a bunch of pointy metal basses with that kind of scale - but I'm looking for something in a more classic sense - P/J style bodies, or Stingray styled.

Active or passive electronics - either one.

I play music that uses low tunings, but we're not quite a metal band so the less pointy, the better hahhaa !

Cheers !

-iJM

2. cabcreaser

cabcreaser Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    Alien Audio out of Nashville offers a nice selection of 35" 4 strings. Chopper Anderson's double nordstrand p pickup configuration might be perfect for your needs.

http://www.alienaudio.us

3. Thanks Cabcreaser ! I'll look them up.

I'm also interested in replacement necks with that scale. J/P bass neck would be idea. I have a project Squire bass I'd like to screw around with.

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    There's a really nice mod'd Peavey Millennium 4 (35" according to the manual) in the classifieds for low dough. IIRC, it's now loaded w/ SD pickups in a passive configuration. Wish it were a five banger but you know how that goes.

Sorry to sound like a shill but I felt like it met your requirements to a "T".

Riis

5. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Although discontinued, Ibanez 4-string BTB basses have a 35" scale length.

Bob