1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4ms Pedal Appreciation Club!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jimmy rocket, Oct 15, 2009.

1. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    I did a search, and perhaps my search-fu is weak, but I didn't come up with anything like this.

I just built a 4ms Phaseur Fleur and am so impressed with it that I thought there ought to be some kind of thread for those of us who dig the stuff that's coming out of their mad sound scientist minds.

So if you've built one, or if you have otherwise acquired one of these unique audio creations, throw it on up here (preferably with sound clips!) ANY 4ms pedal / device is welcome!

Here's my Phaseur Fleur and some clips to get this going:

4006253342_2196a613e8.

Clips:

This one is clean with various Phaseur Fleur settings
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8220402

And this one shows how the fleur interacts with other pedals. That little lady lit up when I ran a fuzz into her.

Clip is as follows. First half is an OC-2+Green Russian Muff+PF. Midway I add a messdrive to push it over the top.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8220403[/QUOTE]

2. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I'm planning a Trem Lune build this winter.:bassist:

There are a couple of folks here who have the Nocto; maybe they'll chime in.;)

Jimmy - Slightly OT, but can you recommend some info. on how to do basic pedal graphics? I love your designs!

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I've got a Nocto Loco that's been waiting to be built for ages now... must do it before the end of the year!

4. noise swash <3

5. I had a trem lune for about a year. I sold it off earlier this year for money reasons, but it is a fantastic trem.

6. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    For me, the graphics are almost as fun as the build itself. Finishing the pedals has been a learning experience, but as of now I begin by working everything up in Photoshop.

I start out with an image size that is pretty close to the enclosure size (leaving off about 1/16th of an inch on every side. Then I like to come up with a theme for the pedal and work from there. My original designs all had black for the bottom third of the front like so:
    4013773599_48c0d58079.

4014540474_3d3545ddb3.
    The howl was inspired by Allen Ginsberg's poem of the same name a la: Howl.
    I started to branch out a bit, and then we have the design I made for the Fleur:
    4014549666_cb40970c3a.

I had the idea to use lotus flowers in varying sizes, and then the Penrose diagram seemed an appropriate addition behind everything.

The control labels are a little bit of measuring and a little bit of guess work. I like to leave all of the layers separate in photoshop until I've nudged everything into a place where I'm happy with the way it looks.
    In this case I reworked the controls until it looked a little free flowing and flowery.

The application method is where the real frustration begins! Initially I printed the designs out in reverse on transparency paper, applied them with adhesive to the enclosure, and then covered the whole thing in clear coat. This method was met with varying degrees of success.

Finally I discovered Testors inkjet decal paper, and I haven't looked back. All of my latest builds use that water decal method.

Didn't mean to hijack my own thread here, but maybe there would be enough interest to begin a pedal art design thread!

7. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Thanks for all that.:D
    I think there would be enough interest for a pedal art thread, especially for folks like me, who are total n00bs.
    I just had my first two successful builds and a mod job that went real well; but the finishing was a disaster...

8. rottenramone

rottenramone

Dec 11, 2003
    i just built a trem lune and now its waiting to be boxed up... gotta look for some killer graphics!

9. karter2000

karter2000 Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2005
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Seems like a common theme, but I'm going to build a Trem Lune as well. I also want to try a Noise Swash.

TurnstileBlues: Love your username! I'm a huge fan of Autolux/Failure/Greg Edwards.

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I bought everything to build a tremulus lune... but haven't got around to it yet. Maybe I'll pull it all out next week.

11. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I don't have anything from them but I appreciate their original designs.

Please make a separate thread for reference purposes. I would like to do what you are doing some day. Thanks.

12. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Nocto is bezt pedul in worlt!

I sold my Trem Lune and Dual Trem Lune because I didn't need them anymore but I liked them a lot.

I have a Phaseur built but not boxed up yet. I can't work together the motivation because I dont' need a phaser right now.

Nocto is the best pedal in the world!

13. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Pedal art design thread = WIN

It would be an awesome resource, I would contribute some as well!

14. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I would also be a big fan of a Pedal art design thread.

15. thanks man! i think Autolux/Eugene G. is as good as it gets for bass fuzz/tone/everything.

what other bassist can pull off a xp300 spacestation without sounding forced and silly?

/rant.

16. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
  17. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    I also got to play with this for a little bit in the customer service issue i had...Long story...search ;)

DSCN1838.

I was a bit overwhelmed by it and it didn't have any sounds I liked... :/

18. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
  19. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    and so expensive ;P

20. Even if I was given a Bend Matrix for free I think I would struggle to find a use for it.