1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

7 string bass nut

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by JDLowEnd, Mar 5, 2013.

1. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd

Dec 19, 2010
    Norwich, CT
    Been trying to search around for a nut for my 7 string antoniotsai bass. I love this bass and want to get a setup, there is a "chuck" missing from the left side of the b string, slots still hold the string in place but figure I would replace it. Been searching tb and the interwebs and have come up lost, even checked websites like Conklin and so forth with no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
  3. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd

Dec 19, 2010
    Norwich, CT
    I did email customer service and asked which one would fit. Most of the blanks are designed for Gibson and fender basses

4. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Hmm.. What about a (local) luthier in your area? Can they help you?

5. JDLowEnd

JDLowEnd

Dec 19, 2010
    Norwich, CT
    I am actually going to one tomorrow to help diagnose some other problems as well, I am guessing that a giant blank will need to be purchased and cut to size. I am jut surprised that with the growing number of ERB's that they don't have any for sale.

6. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    It's pretty uncommon to need replacement nuts, and with ERBs, there are fewer standards in sizes and spacing, so it makes sense that no company would mass produce nuts for a 7-string.

7. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Mass produce is a bit much yes, but there are still more and more people who are playing a 7 string bass these days. So if atleast 1 company would make some, then it'll be easier to buy one for your 7 stringer ;)