For Sale/Trade 78 Fender MusicMaster

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Takethecake, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Takethecake

Takethecake Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for trade is my 1978 Fender MusicMaster. The bass has the original bridge, neck & tuners(Frets and Neck have plenty of life left) , and body. It was modded with a PU out of a Peavey T40. Also the knobs are not original. Currently strung with flats, the volume knob crackles a bit when used but works fine. Bass could use a setup as it has some buzz below the 14th fret on two strings.

My idea with the bass is to swap out the bridge from the double string to a vintage single string for better setup. But decided to see if anyone had any interest as is.

Mainly looking for a Fender P bass but open to all offers. Any questions feel free to ask. Back.JPG Back-Head.JPG Back-Neck.JPG Body-Front.JPG Full-Bass.JPG Head-Front.JPG PickG-Crack.JPG

2. neo 7

neo 7 The bass player doesn't get a sandwich

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    What's the cash price? And where in PA are you?

3. Takethecake

Jul 19, 2008
    Don't have a cash price in mind right now. Scranton, PA area.

Monster Truck likes this.
  4. Hi, I'm looking for one that hasn't been modded (I want to put a single coil Fralin in it) but I'm curious what you don't like about it seeing as you want to trade for P bass.

5. Takethecake

Jul 19, 2008
    With a new pick guard you can put the single coil Fralin in it. There is nothing I dislike about the bass aside from I'm not the biggest fan of short scale.

6. Hector_Helium

Hector_Helium

Feb 24, 2017
    Still got it? How much?

7. still avail?

8. BassBro95

BassBro95

Mar 13, 2016
    Hi, is this still available? Would you be interested in trading for a Fender CIJ Jaguar Bass?

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021