1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 80's Westone Spectrum ST

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ariff, Dec 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ariff

ariff

Nov 28, 2007
    Lawrence KS
    Price:
    $150
    Strings:
    I have no idea if this old bass will sell or not. Thought I would give it a try. I rescued it from a barn a few years ago and it was in pretty rough shape. I was able to get everything working again and it plays pretty nicely now. A testament to the quality of these 80's era Japanese made instruments. I believe this came out of the famous Matsumoku factory. It is not pretty, lots of fading and checking to the finish. Neck looks rough but it is actually pretty smooth. It would make a good beater bass. Let me know if you have any questions.. 150.00 plus shipping or trade for wireless system or IEMs. Comes with cheap o no name gig bag..
    IMG_20171205_114152. IMG_20171205_114205. IMG_20171205_114211. IMG_20171205_114237. IMG_20171205_114243.

2. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    these are such great basses, i'm tempted to buy it and do a ground-up restoration! :)

3. ariff

ariff

Nov 28, 2007
    Lawrence KS
    They really are pretty great basses.. I actually like the look of all the checking on this one..

EpicSoundtracks likes this.
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Nice.

5. bass J

bass J

Jul 18, 2015
    Nice old bass. How are the electronics and tuners?

6. ariff

ariff

Nov 28, 2007
    Lawrence KS
    Everything functions as it should.. Good taper to both tone and volume just a slight bit scratchy. Tuners are nice and smooth. And truss rod turns fine both ways, a bit stiff but functions as it should. I little oil to the rod would fix that. Currently has around .012mm of relief.