1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '83 Rickenbacker 4003

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by skiscem, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Price:
    $1350
    Strings:
    IMG_20180926_171507.jpg IMG_20180926_171523.jpg Up for sale, my beloved '83 Rick 4003.
    as you can see, the bass shows some "mojo" but the frets tell me it was used with mostly flatwounds because there is very little wear on them, the paint aged to a yellowish tint, the clear coat shows stress cracks all around it and it gives it quite the character, I've owned this bass for almost 10 years and it has shown no changes on the paint or new cracking, which leads me to believe it happened when the bass was "young".
    it has low action and the frets are in great condition, it has the desirable Grover "Wavy" tuners, but they are showing their age, the back is coming off, which is a widespread issue with them, but they are solid and work great.
    the bass is original down to the functional mute foam, pickups, wiring, etc.. the only things i added are the strap-locks and the the correct knobs.
    it pains me to get rid of this bass because i really like it, but i dont have much time to play anymore, and as a new home owner, i have other priorities, right now.
    I will be taking more detailed and better pictures in the coming week.
    please let me know if you have any questions or picture requests.
    i can also record a video if you want to hear it in action
    the bass comes with an aftermarket hardshell case

Attached Files:

2. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    holy crap that's a player and a half! Drooling here. Looking around for more stuff to sell off!

skiscem likes this.
  3. Thank you! it is a fantastic playing bass and i know whoever gets it will be very happy!

4. DDXdesign

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Oh son of a........ =0( congrats on the sale tho

JMacBass65 likes this.
  5. I'm sorry :( , pretty much done deal but I will definitely let you know if anything happens

6. DDXdesign

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Hey man it's all good - I couldn't afford your asking price at the moment anyhow =0) But this just reinforced that I should keep my eyes peeled for an old ric with plenty of mojo - and now I think I want it in a vintage white!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021