1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'85 Spector NS-2B vs Sire V7

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SweetKetchup, Jan 28, 2017.

1. SweetKetchup

SweetKetchup

Nov 29, 2015
    Romania
    The Spector has upgraded electronics & hardware (SD Quarter Pounder P/J, OrangeDrop caps, Dunlop straplocks), while the Sire is stock.

I am mainly looking for aggressive, growling attack and I know both of them should provide one. I want to know if this Korean Spector has "that Spector sound" and if it is better construction-wise than the V7.

2. Notrebble

Notrebble

Nov 25, 2015
    Have you looked at the M7? It has that deeper growl you may be looking for.

3. I gigged one of those Spector basses back in the 80's. And, I have managed to hang onto it all these years. I feel the Spector bass is a higher quality bass. It does not have the Spector "Tone Pump" pre-amp so it will not have the classic Spector sound. What the Sire has going for it is the pre-amp is a good one. I saw Marcus Miller a few months ago and he played several songs on a stock sire. He sounded great.

Both are good basses. Ans should get you close to what you want. Good luck........