1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '94 Stingray [in Canada]

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by x52dcd, Mar 27, 2015.

1. x52dcd

x52dcd

Nov 29, 2010
    Canada
    Price:
    $1000
    Strings:
    Edit (Jan '17): Had this posted forever ago, then decided to keep it. But now I have 3 which is more than I need and have room for. Going to keep my passives. Won't be too disappointed if there's no interest, given the high number of Stingrays currently available!

Due to new CITES rules regarding rosewood, it would appear that I need to keep this within Canada thanks to the fretboard.

This is a '94 Stingray, natural finish, birds-eye maple neck with rosewood board, 3 band pre, Hipshot Detuner (proper short key version, original tuner also included), string mutes, overall very good condition with negligible wear. Everything functions as it should. Also have a hard shell case that is a little worn but does the job. Not sure of the weight yet, but will figure it out - would guess at about 9.5lbs or a little over but don't quote me on that. Looking at other ads here, I would put the value at $1000US plus shipping.

Not super into trades at the moment, but may give some consideration to a few things especially if you're in Canada as well. An Eventide H9 +cash may interest me. Also considering downsizing my Mesa Carbine M9 to a Markbass CMD102P combo, so one of those may work.

Can get more photos for potentially interested buyers:

bass_zpsftyrffga.

20150328_090455_zps7s5raxfz.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    lowendrachel likes this.
  2. MrAtomic

MrAtomic Friendly Robot

Dec 29, 2014
    Austin, TX
    I owned an exact duplicate of this bass from new until about a month ago -- '93 3-band, natural finish, rosewood fingerboard. I sold it because arthritis and other medical issues necessitate a lighter bass, but if I'd had the means, I'd have kept it AND bought new gear. The build quality of these basses is top-notch. In 20+ years, nothing went wrong beyond a slightly loose volume knob. Otherwise, it was bulletproof, even though I bought it while in high school and played it out through college and beyond. The finish wears like iron, the necks and bodies are wonderfully figured, the truss rod is easy to adjust, and overall they're just terrific instruments. Someone is going to get a keeper here.

Best of luck with the sale.

x52dcd likes this.
  3. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Pm sent!

4. x52dcd

x52dcd

Nov 29, 2010
    Canada
    Was asked for a pic of the neck - added to OP

5. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Nice bass GLWTS...

x52dcd likes this.
  6. T Bassman

T Bassman Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Pm'd

7. bombjack

bombjack

Feb 3, 2009
    NYC
    PM'd.

8. x52dcd

x52dcd

Nov 29, 2010
    Canada
    Bringing this old thread back to life. It's back on the market!

NigelD likes this.
  9. joew

joew Supporting Member

More pics? Interested!

10. x52dcd

x52dcd

Nov 29, 2010
    Canada
    Still available...

11. SilGarzaJr

SilGarzaJr SilGarzaJr

Mar 28, 2012
    North Texas
    Sure this is not a 92 or 93. Bridge mutes went away around 94 or 95 but look similar without. see attached pic.

Nice bass!

IMG_0885.

12. x52dcd

x52dcd

Nov 29, 2010
    Canada
    Could be a 93, but previous owner said 94 so I'm leading with that. :)