Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A 4 year old drummer.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rubo, Jan 11, 2005.

1. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
  2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wooten started playing bass at 3 or 4. Actually he played bass lines on a guitar at that age.

brad cook

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The second song on this video is more impressive than the first I think.

brad cook

4. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    You mean a real bass, or a mini sized one? How do have enough strength to fret three or four fingers?

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    brad cook

6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Not sure about bass player but my 5 year old daughter is the youngest groupie! She just loves my guitar player soooo much! He has sponge bob pictures taped all over his amp!

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The kid is impressive for his age, and shows a lot of pontential. He needs a good teacher to help him with his time. If they don't get that corrected before his head gets too big, he will never have solid time.

8. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    My 2 year old nephew is completely obssesed with drums too. His dad bought him a little drum set and he sits in it, uses the bass and hat pedals and all and can play consistant beats to music. Nothing complex yet, but he's 2!

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    pfff....i played drums like that at that age, but i only had pots and pans and tamale wrappers

:D

10. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Who ever was playing guitar and singing the Ozzy song was completly awful. If Randy Rhoades were alive today he would stomp all over that half-arsed guitar player anyday. He didn't even include a guitar solo nor did he even play the entire song.
    Other then that the dummer is pretty good, for being 4 years old. He did kind of look goofy, but that's besides the point. I bet his parents push him a bit to hard if he's drumming to ozzy songs by that age. I doubt a 4 year old would have the drive to do this himself.

11. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    That would have been funny if everyone in the crowd started rioting and throwing things because the kid didn't play the entire song. They got jipped, I bet they paid a lot for them tickets.

12. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    +1

This kid could be the next drum virtuoso. All he needs is a metronome for his birthday.

He's many times better than me.

13. Sense of rhythm is hard for little kids. But yes, a metronome would probably be helpful. I'm thinking he's probably better at rhythm, but just got really excited. I think it's more like he needs to follow the "whatever you play, it has to be on the beat, and concentrate on that rather than anything else" rule. :)

But hey, he's only 4. When I was 4... um...

14. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    There was some little kid at last year's Summer NAMM ('03) who was an unbelievable drummer....looked to be around 5 or 6, I'd guess. He just camped out on an a rack with electronic pads and started wailing away. I came back around about an hour later and he was still there! :D Not sure if he just didn't have anywhere else to go or if he had an endorsement deal with the company! :D

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Or even better what if they held him to the standards that you'd hold an adult drummer that everyone raves about. They be yelling "This kid SUCKS!" "He can't even play in time!!"

brad cook

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Letterman was just saying that he's having an 11 year old drummer on his show tomorrow. It's not this kid though...anyone know how old this kid is now? I think this had to be a while back because that TV show he's on at the beginning of the video isn't on anymore I don't think.

brad cook

17. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Hmmm..........It may be that bottle's got his head all screwy! LOL Get rid of that bottle and he'll be straight!! LOL :D

18. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I'm impressed!
    I could barelly walk at that age..
    i have a drummer friend who soon has
    played for 2 year, this kid is a hell lot
    better than he is...

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002