1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A/B Test AI V AES

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by tez123, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Hi Happy new Year to all! I wonder if anyone has done an A/B Test on the Above amps? I have searched the "Sticky" threads and did not find anything there and U Tube, googled it to no avail.
    I live too far avay from any major cities to be able to go and try either. I did a NYE Gig last night with My DB I used 2 powered AT 12" and the amp out of a Beringer came out of the DI so I just used the Pre amp . But as I had to push up the volume to cope with a loud drummer and Micked Brass I immedietly lost my sound and just got boomy. today after searching the Sticky threads I will experiment with 2 Powered AT(Acuostic Technology) 8" s so how that goes till I Buy a dedicated amp But cant decide which to persue. I play mostly a swing style jazz with a quartete Thanks

2. tried the Acoustic tech 8" powered speakers yesterday and found the sound too compressed and too much mid. today I tried a single AT powered 10" and just used a beringer pre amp with a single valve, it was much better ,as the speaker has a bass and treble control I could shape the sound, It still is not totaly satisfying, but will do till I can buy a deicated amp