A Life In Yes: The Chris Squire Tribute / Various

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Skillet, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    I searched but didn't find any threads pertaining to this. I was actually looking at Paul Boyer's Rickenbacker book on Amazon and saw this.

"2018 collection, a heartfelt and masterful musical salute to the longtime bassist of prog rock legends Yes, Chris Squire! Produced by Squire's friend and frequent collaborator Billy Sherwood with amazing contributions from Todd Rundgren, Steve Porcaro (Toto), Annie Haslam (Renaissance), John Wesley (Porcupine Tree), Sonja Kistina (Curved Air), Patrick Moraz (Yes/The Moody Blues), Steve Stevens, Dweezil Zappa, and more! Includes two bonus tracks: one from the prog supergroup The Prog Collective, and one from the massively popular Pink Floyd tribute album Back Against The Wall. Chris Squire was best known as the bassist and a founder member of the progressive rock band Yes. He was the longest-serving original member, having remained in the band until his death and appearing on every studio album released from 1969 to 2014."
    [​IMG]

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GW4MHJ...e3&ref_=pd_luc_rh_pd_luc_ac_nb_04_02_t_img_lh

Indiedog and RyanOh like this.
  2. Skillet

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana

Indiedog and Joshua like this.
  3. Indiedog

Indiedog

Aug 23, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    The Big Man is sorely missed. I still have a hard time with the loss.

The initial press on this had me less than enthused. But hearing the track above and reading up on the CD made me spring for it.

Thanks for the Thread and the push!

Skillet likes this.
  4. Skillet

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    I found that track on Youtube and it started a playlist with the other tracks. It's quite a grab bag, and I found all of it interesting and some of it quite wonderful.

Indiedog likes this.
  5. Indiedog

Indiedog

Aug 23, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    The review I read highly praised the contributions by Patrick Moraz and Steve Stevens (I really liked his solo album). The Steve Hackett piece and the two bonus tracks with Squire playing bass and singing made it an easy decision.

I especially look forward to hearing the track from “Fish Out of Water.”

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021