1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

a question for warwick corvette standard ash owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman74, Apr 13, 2009.

1. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    Hello Guys,

For Corvette standard ash owners!

Have you experience some neck dive with your corvette???

I'm about to buy a second corvette but this one is made of swamp ash and weights 3 lbs less then my bubinga bass....

Please let me know before i spent too much cash on this future bass!

take care

2. elBandito

elBandito

Dec 3, 2008
    Rotten Apple
    The bass seems very light for a warwick. It doesn't seem to neck dive too much, but the bass seems to balance horizontally. The small body size doesn't like to stay upright. I find it somewhat awkward compared to fender style bodies.

3. CodaPDX

CodaPDX

Feb 2, 2009
    It's a bit of a conundrum, really. It's quite light, but it's still got that bigass Warwick neck. Is it more comfortable than the bubinga version? Yes. Does the neck dive slightly? Yes. Does it aggravate me or affect my playing? No. All things considered, I'd much rather have the swamp ash than the bubinga version, especially since it doesn't require the regular maintenance that the naturally finished bubinga version requires.

4. levis76

levis76 Seconds from getting ba...

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Had the red ash model for about 2 weeks and traded it for my ESP. Never looked back. The ash just isn't the same as the bubinga IMHO. One other noteworthy comment, when, not IF, but WHEN the finish begins to degrade and chip off, the underlying wood is very white and soft. Mine had a few dings and they were impossible to repair or hide without stripping the finish and doing the whole bass again. Stick with the bubingas, they are well worth the extra lbs.

5. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    I have a 4 string bubinga corvette, I'll always keep it, i made a the mistake of selling twice my bubinga corvette but i always bought another a few months later, i think i'll stick to bubinga corvette all my life.

Now, i wanna buy a 5 string bass and i like my corvette so much that i wanted to buy the 5 sting nirvana black ash corvette.

my bubinga 4 balanced perfectly i was just worried that the 3 pounds less ash body would neck dive heavily!!!

6. The red ash version balances for me well -- no neck dive. And it is lighter.