Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

abscess (sp?) help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by KSDbass, Mar 18, 2006.

1. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    ok, this is not my first abscess, (one on my shin, two in my toes, and 2 in both of my front teeth) but every single time we came in, the doctor told us "if you had come in a day later, the infectino would have seeped into his shin bone and it would've been very serious." then for my toes she said the same thing. then for my teeth the dentist said that either the infection was going towards my brain, or that my brain saw my teeth as an external body and was attacking them. So what I'm scared about is, I have an abscess in my earlobe now, it isn't big enough to be seen, but it can be felt, and I noticed it on tuesday or wednesday, and my mom refuses to take me to the doctor "on such short notice". so is there any way to tell how long I have until any one of the above mentioned things happens?

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I think you should try another doctor to see if there is anything that can be done to prevent them from happening at all.

You could always call the doc yourself and explain the situation.

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    My nephew nearly lost a leg. That one grew really fast though. If it's been there since Tues. Most likely your not in immediate danger, but it needs to be seen.
    Keep in mind I'm not a doctor.

BTW, I have bad teeth. Comes with age and too much candy as a kid and too much sugar in my coffee as an adult.
    I get them from time to time. I take 4 Motrin ( anti-inflammatory at that dose ) and they usually go away in a day or two.

4. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    yeah, I thought about it and I should be ok because it isn't putting out heat like my shin was, and I did knock out my teeth, so thats probably why my brain attacked them.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That is one great sentence.

Back to the topic though - would you say you're a clean person? You don't often skip days without a shower do you?

bc

6. I think you need to be asking your doctor why you keep getting abcesses. I've only had one, and that was when I accidentally hit a kid in the face during a basketball game, and his braces cut open my palm.

Rock on
    Eric

7. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Are you a diabetic?

Mike