SOLD Absolutely mint Roscoe Beck V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassmanbrad, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassmanbrad

bassmanbrad Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Sadly, I am forced to sell the beautiful Shoreline Gold RBV I bought here earlier this year. This is the sixth one of these I have owned, and it is nicer than any of the others. No damage, no buckle rash, all the hardware is shiny and just like new. The neck is straight and the frets are in great shape. Electronics are quiet and work as they should. It even has the little plastic "F" caps on the knobs that always fall off of these basses and get lost. I replaced the original mint guard with a custom guard from Pickguard Heaven- it looks ok, but it is entirely a matter of taste. I will include the original mint guard, along with a Fender factory tort guard (you can't get them anymore for an RB fiver), so you can get whatever look you want. I am only selling this because the project I bought it for fell apart, and I have incurred some major medical bills in the last couple of months, and I need the money worse than I need the bass right now. It is really breaking my heart to do this, because the minute I played this bass, I made up my mind it was a keeper. Life, goes on, right? Anyway, I bought this bass 6 months ago right here for $1300 plus shipping without the extra guards. I would like to get $1300 shipped for it in the CUSA with the guards. No trades please- if I needed another axe, I would keep this one. Seriously boys and girls- this is as nice as any RBV you are gonna find anywhere, no B.S.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bassmanbrad

Jan 6, 2004
    more pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also includes Fender hardshell case

3. Is the blade switch on the RBV a three-position or five-position? Do people ever rewire these basses to add a blend control instead of the blade switch? How wide is the nut on these? I played one of these once a few years ago, and while I remember it as being particularly sweet, can't remember these details. Thanks.

4. Bass2daMix

Bass2daMix

Dec 11, 2009
    PDX
    Weight & string spacing please?

5. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    On these the blade is a 3 position but there is another feature. If you pull up the tone knob. It decreases the output of the neck pickup. Then the other two switches are 3 position switches for parallel/single coil/series for each pickup. So, when you bring all the options together. It somewhat lessons the need for a blend knob. I believe the nut is 1 7/8" on these. The spacing at the bridge is 19mm though. They are really cool basses. Bump for a cool bass!

6. bassmanbrad

Jan 6, 2004
    OK, first, I realized that I only paid $1300 for this, so I changed the price on the listing to reflect that. I will sell it for what I got it for.

It weighs just over 10 lbs, but it is really well balanced and I have played lots of gigs with these basses and it never was a problem- big wood = big tone, though.

The switch is three way, but like was said above, the push/pull roll off really gives you some extra on-the-fly tone options, and it really works.

The nut is 1 7/8 ".

Here is a link to the original listing where I bought it- it mentions a microscopic ding, but I have never noticed it:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=623004

7. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    This is a great bass, too!

8. BASSKADET

BASSKADET

May 17, 2007
    NC
    Nice pickguard bump

9. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    GoodGodIwantitsobadlybutdon'thavethecoin bump

10. bassmanbrad

Jan 6, 2004
    Thursday afternoon PLEASE don't make me send this nice bass to evil bay bump

11. Tom Howland

Tom Howland Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

If I did not have a Marco Jazz 5 (passive) coming in a week.

I would be all over this.

The best 5-string Fender has ever made IMHO.

12. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    Bump for the best Fender color!

13. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    I want the pickguard that is on it.;)

14. raal

raal Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Minneapolis / St Paul
    a five string fender with 19 mm bridge spacing? Add one inch to the scale and i'll be all over it ... cool bass indeed

15. bassmanbrad

Jan 6, 2004
    Back for sale again. Hey, this is a nice bass, really. I would be willing to take $1250 for it from a REAL buyer, but that is as low as I am willing to go, and only because I need the cash. Please, if you are not serious, don't waste either of our time.

16. bassmanbrad

Jan 6, 2004
    on hold pending payment.

17. bassmanbrad

Jan 6, 2004
    and sold to jimc. thanks, sir.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.