Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

acme & EA

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by netvampire, May 28, 2004.

1. netvampire

netvampire

Apr 22, 2004
    Australia
    :) Anyone here paired up an iamp800 with a acme 2x10 (4ohm)cab. if so what this combination like :bag:

2. overamplified

overamplified Banned

May 26, 2004
    Maryland
    I'd imagine Transparent and quiet. :bag:

3. I've got to disagree. Although not as loud as some, there's no way that 800 watts into an Acme 2X10 could be considered quiet. I regularly do small to small/medium (25-150 people) size gigs with one. Whether or not it's enough is dependent on the loudness of your band.

4. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    I'll second that. Last night I was rocking out with my new dark dirty groove trio, pumping 900W into a B2 courtesy of one channel of my PLX3002, and running more effects than you can shake a stick at (including at one point, synth into harmoniser into overdrive into fuzz, which is a HUGE sound) and it was loud, deep and effortless.

800W from an iAmp would achieve almost exactly the same.

P.S. And it would whip yo' bassman stack Ms Ox. :D

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    well, i use my iAMP800 w/ my pair of Acme 1x10's for a total of 2 ohms, and its LOUD as a mofo.

tonally,

the EA cabs i've heard are pretty flat in frequency response. but compared to my Acme cabs, the EA's usually have this hyped top end. nothing wrong with it, but not as "flat" as the acmes claim to be. then again, that extra top end prolly helps with the "slice" factor.

also, the EA line seems to have unreal punch factor. i've compared the EA CXL 1x12 with a few others, and the EA was simply astounding. prolly has to do with their super long transmission lines.

now, if only they can figure a way for the cabs to reach 31Hz... ;)