No longer available Acoustic 140 Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Count Bassie, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Price:
    This amp has been gone through and rehabilitated thoroughly by a 35+ year highly (over) qualified electronics engineer-turned-amp tech. It works and sounds like factory new, and will probably be working when it's time to pass it on.
    It is also no disappointment in the sound department... it's got almost "nothing" for eq, simple Bass and Treble tone knobs and a bright switch, but I was pleasantly surprised upon plugging it in to an Ampeg 410HLF... the sound is, in my opinion, gorgeous. Plenty of deep bass and enough 'zing' to divert the path of a small flying insect. And loud enough for a rock band, through a good 4 ohm cab. I played a reggae gig with it through that Ampeg cab, and took care of business like you read about.

Note: This cab does not run at 2 ohms, like some of the ACC amps! You'll blow it up, like most more modern amps, if you try to run it at 2 ohms. Ok...

Look up the specs, talk to the good people/friendly fanatics over at The Acoustic Club and get some buzz on it. $250 returns what I put into it, gets you a cool head for life...

20180909_203532.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    scottm and 123321 like this.
  2. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Can you jump the channels like an Ampeg?

3. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    PM'd

4. I don't know... I doubt it, but I'll go ask over at the Unofficial Acoustic forum...

5. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    I asked too lol

I hear ya on $250, if it’s still round next week I’ll probably take it.

Count Bassie likes this.
  6. shipping included?

7. No...

8. Hey, if you pm me your zip code I'll figure what it would be to ship it to you.

Pardon the curt answer there, regarding shipping, above. I do want to recover what I spent though. Conversation is open...

9. No offense taken... just wasn’t specified in the listing. See my PM.

Count Bassie likes this.
  10. As I commented on another site where this ad also exists, this is a stupid price for this amplifier. I don't know why it's still here... sonically and healthwise, it's a gem.

BassDogDoc likes this.
  11. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Getting anew car battery dented my funds, see what shipping would be to 62221 and give me a holler. I have pedals I need to sell anyway

Count Bassie likes this.
  12. Back at you tonight.

redstrand likes this.
  13. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird

Dec 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY.
    How do i give this a bump? Awesome TB person right here, with a great amp.

Count Bassie likes this.
  14. Thanks @JJR58 !

JJR58 likes this.
  15. Sale pending.

16. groovaholic

groovaholic Protect your hearing. Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Mount Prospect, IL
    Yes; if you run a patch cord from a channel 1 input to a channel 2 input, you can EQ the two channels differently and blend to taste in a quasi-biamp.

I liked to EQ channel 1 to be thick and bassy, and activate the bright switch on channel 2 and EQ it for clarity.

Count Bassie and redstrand like this.