1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

acoustic #230 reverb problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassguyforgod, May 27, 2012.

1. bassguyforgod

bassguyforgod

May 27, 2012
    hey guys im looking for some help ive got a acoustic 230 and ive checked the reverb tank and its all good. when i click the foot swith the reverb led comes on but the reverb wont operate. so im guessing its either the reverb amp or the reverb recovery amp. im kinda new at this and would like some help. ive added the schematics im going to be playing at a church camp in a month so i got some time and if u need any other information tell me plzz im really desperate.
    plzz help me. :hyper:
    just looked at the post if u need the schematics pm me cause the upload messed the text up i have clear readable versions of it and of all the amp.
    oh ya just wondering does anyone know what speaker cab came withthe 230?
    thanks!!!

Attached Files:

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    A qualified amp technician, with a shop full of the proper test equipment and tools, will have you up and running in no time. Diagnoising the problem over the internet is not accurate, and working on amps without the needed tools and skill is not advised.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If you have the amp out of the cabinet, don't touch anything inside, there are lethal voltage levels inside and can injure or kill you!

Are you sure that the cables are good?

Are you sure that the send is connected to the Reverb tank's input, and output to the return on the amp? It can make a difference.

Assuming that you have good cables, plug one into the return, turn up the Reverb control and tap on the tip. If you get a buzzing sound, the return circuit is working.

As for cabinets, you can visit this site to see catalogs. Acoustic offered a number of different cabinets.