Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

adapters

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Sonorous, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    ok, so i don't really need to record any serious stuff or anything, but i know i can get an adapter type thing and plug my bass into my sound card to do some simple recording but i don't know what kind (i do know the size to get)

so i was at radioshack and in the right section but i had narrowed down what i needed to 2 different things... one was a mono one and the other was a stereo one

the stereo one seemed like the right choice but it also said "headphone adapter" and thats not what i needed and the mono one said "audio adapter" so i don't know which one to buy... can anyone help me?

2. You are just recording your bass? A mono adapter wil work just fine, unless you plan to run a stereo bass track, meaning a line in with a mic or amp.

Otherwise your Bass is mono!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    thank your for your help, and just for the sake of learning i'll ask another question... if i had a rickenbacker (i don't) would i need the stereo one?

4. Only if you wish to record the Rickenbacker in Stereo, (meaning to two tracks).

You can use the stereo adapter, but mono will work just as well.

[​IMG]
    Treena